Chapter 24

Allesandra's Pov

This was probably the most boring day of my life. The meeting went on for three hours which included no break and Leonardo was not in a good mood because of me so he ended up taking out his anger on the clients but at the end of the day nobody died and that's what matters the most to me right now. After the meeting ended Leonardo told me to get ready for the party and sent a makeup artist and a designer to help me. The designer bought a few dresses and I ended up choosing this one.

My outfit

Leonardo and I are sitting in the car

Leonardo and I are sitting in the car. He constantly keep kissing my hand which I'm finding extremely annoying. I don't know why but I am getting this feeling that something is about to happen today. I mean something or the other happens everyday but I don't know I'm feeling something weird.

As usual during the entire time Leonardo has not left my side. I see a lot of girls like me who want to be set free. These mafia men are the most pathetic creatures to ever step on this earth.

"Attention everyone!!" Vincent announced. "Thank you all for joining us today. This night is the celebration of The Mancini's and their success. Feel free to dance and let's party like there is no tomorrow. But before that I would like to call upon stage my beautiful daughter in law Allesandra Mancini." The crowd started cheering. I gulped in fear. Why is he calling me on the stage? Leonardo clears his throat and encourages me to go. I quickly go on the stage and stand beside Vincent.

"Allessandra is an amazing painter as we all know but one thing that I have learnt from my son Leonardo is that she also happens to be an amazing singer. So I would like her to sing a song for everyone present here." Oh God this will be so embarrassing. I don't want to sing in front of so many people but I can't refuse so I decided to sing a song which depicts my emotions and feelings but in a language no-one understands here. As a child I used to listen to a Hindi (Indian) song which touched me so much that I love that song. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes and started singing.

"Duniya choona chahe mujhko yoon.
(The world wants to touch me in such a way)

Jaise unki saari ki saari main
(As if I belong to them completely)

Duniya dekhe roop mera
(The world looks at my beauty)

Koi na jaane bechari main
(But nobody knows how wretched I am)

Hai tooti saari ki saari main
(Oh! I am broken completely)

Tere ishq me hui awari main
(Your love has made me homeless)

Koi shaam bulaye, koi daam lagaye
(Someone calls me for evenings, Someone sets a price for me)

Main bhi upar se hasti
(I too smile at the surface)

Par andar se hayeee
(But inside alas I am sad) "........

You can listen to this song above 👆. It's beautifully sung.

As soon as I finished singing I saw people clapping. It's sad that I literally explained my life right now but nobody could understand it because of the language. But in reality too, everyone sees my condition but chooses to ignore it.

I saw Leonardo giving me a smile. I thank god he did not understand what I just sang because there would be a havoc right now if he did.

"Wow! That was beautifully sung. " Said Vincent. With that everybody started dancing and got lost in their own world. I had tears running down my face.

"Why are you sad angelface? You did so amazing." Leonardo said while hugging me.

"I need to use the restroom." I said. He gave me one final look before letting me go. Honestly I am a little surprised that he is letting me go on my own. Probably it is a test but I'm not going to run away so let it be.

The female restroom was not that far away. I looked at myself in the mirror and took out my mascara to do a touch up. I was washing my face when I heard a noise. I quickly looked up to spot no-one there.

Suddenly the lights went out but I could still hear the music. Is it only this restroom? I got pulled out of my thoughts by a dark figure standing behind me. Before I could shout he pulled me towards himself. The familiar scent hit my nostrils and my heart started beating rapidly. But this time it did not beat out of fear but it beat out of surprise. It was not Leonardo standing in front of me but it was Marco.

"Marco?" I whispered.

Suddenly I heard footsteps approaching. I don't know whether it was Marco or not but whoever it was he ran somewhere. Leonardo opened the door and looked around.

"Sandy you took so long. I was worried." He said. I was scared that Leonardo might doubt about my encounter with who I guess is Marco so I quickly held his hand and we walked back towards the ball.

Was it really Marco? I had a strong feeling of him being Marco. If it really was him then has he come to save me? Could it really be possible?

The entire time I was busy looking around to find Marco. If it was really him then where can I find him again? Has he left some hint? Oh God I think that I am overthinking a lot these days.

"Sandy? What's wrong with you. You seem a little off." asked Leonardo.

"I don't feel good." I lied. I just wanna get out of here.

"Alright Sandy. You know I would never leave you alone but I have to attend to the guests. I will ask my driver to leave you but do not try anything or else." He said.

I feel like rolling my eyes at him. "I know I will go home straight" I said.

"Hmm Good" He said while nodding.

Leonardo took me to the car and told the driver about locking the doors and not letting me get out of the car. He gave me one final kiss and with that the driver started driving.