Chapter 3

Allesandra's Pov

I cannot believe what just happened. He is indeed a psychopath. Who even behaves like that? I cannot imagine what is gonna happen in my life in the future if I marry him. I want to cry but I have no tears left to cry. Pain has become a part of my life. I wish I could go back in time when I was a little girl who had no worries in life, where there was only good and no evil, only angels and no devil. Life is unexpected and spontaneous. As we walk in our path of life we come across many obstacles. Only the brave one's come across as successful. I don't think that I'm brave enough to face any hindrance in my life. I've already had enough. Everyday I have a fresh wound in my heart. Now I don't have place for any. When I think that life cannot be any more cruel it proves me wrong.

"Child are you okay ?"

Henry's voice brought me out of my trance. He gave me a sympathetic look. I'm currently sitting on the floor. There are broken pieces of glass lying on the ground. Henry helps me get up and give me a glass of water. I internally laugh at my fate. I haven't even been married to him and this is my condition now. I can't even begin to imagine what will become of me when I get married to him. Dying seems a much better option but then what about my family? I am not selfish to leave my family behind.

I realise that Henry's hands are shaking as well. His eyes tear up as he calls someone.

"My Child you are very brave. You are like my daughter and angels are often disguised as daughters. God sees it all and one day God will punish the bad and reward the good. Patience my child,patience is what you must have. Evil cannot overpower Good. Leonardo will face his fate and rot in hell. "

I had a complete breakdown after hearing those words. How long do I have to wait? I cannot have patience anymore. Slowly I start feeling dizzy and blackness took over.

Few hours later

I feel that someone is holding my hand. The fragrance is familiar. It's vanilla and my mom smells like vanilla. Don't all mom smell amazing?  I slowly start opening my eyes. I'm in my room and my mom is holding my hand.

"Mom? wat...water please. "

She looks happy on seeing me awake. She hands me a glass of water. I gulp it in one go. She starts kissing me all over my face.

"Thank God you're awake and safe. Henry bought you here. He told me everything that happened. I'm so sorry Sandy. You are suffering because of us. But I don't want you to think about him right now. Do you wanna eat ice cream? " She says it in one breath.

I giggle. She sees me giggling and starts tickling my belly.

"MOM!!!!! STOP IM GONNA PEE!! "

How I wish every moment in my life would be like this. Us behaving like kids. Doing all sorts of nonsense. Nobody to stop you or scold you. You can just be you. Once I get married even the little happiness that I have in my life will fade away and I'll be sad and lonely. But I'll enjoy all the time I have with my mom. I'll try my best to find happiness in little things. No matter how stupid it will look. I can't become depressed and stressed.

"Mom?? Leonardo has invited me for dinner at his place tonight. He wants to introduce me to his father's friends. You know I'll have to go even if I don't want to. "

"Don't worry Sandy. This time his family will be around. He won't do a thing in front of so many people. " she reassures me.

"I'm nervous and scared. " I say.

"Don't be. You'll be fine. " With that she leaves the room to get me some ice cream.

A text from Leonardo pops up.