Chapter 12

"But I know some day I'll make it out of here. Even if it takes all night or a hundred years."
~ Billie Eillish.

Allesandra's Pov

I look at myself in the mirror. Time changes very quickly. People change even more quickly. I remember getting ready in the morning and looking beautiful. Now I look nothing less than a homeless person. I remember this morning Leonardo gave me a hug and a kiss but then he made do such disgusting things. I'm watching myself in the mirror. I cannot recognise the person standing right in front of me.

The bruises on my body are now my identity. It shows how weak I am. I cannot fight back. I wince as I touch these bruises. Some of them are bleeding. The blood on my hair has dried. I have to take a shower but cannot do that because the pain will be unbearable.

Somehow I manage to gather some courage and get into the shower. It pains like hell. I stuffed the entire loofa inside my mouth so that I can shout as much as I can. It's like somebody is putting salt on by bruises. The worst part is that the blood on my skin has dried and wouldn't come off until and unless I apply some soap or body wash. You can imagine how painful it was. But somehow this time passes and now I'm all clean. I will have to wear something that covers up my entire body.

My outfit

I found these sneakers lying in the corner of the walk in closet which I didn't see earlier

I found these sneakers lying in the corner of the walk in closet which I didn't see earlier. Thank God or else I would have to walk bare foot.

Any kind of movement is causing the bruises to rub against the clothes and it's hurting like hell. Suddenly the door opens and Martha comes in.

"Madam, Master Leonardo is calling everyone downstairs. Someone in the house helped Antonio to steal the shipments." She says.

I think now someone else will be the culprit and I'll have to bear the punishment. I nod and follow her downstairs.

In the living area Leonardo and Vincent are sitting in all their glory and everybody else is standing around. I join them and stand there.

Vincent gets up "As you know that one of you has helped Antonio in stealing the shipments and we are here to kill that person. You already saw how Antonio died by the hands of my own son. If the person who helped Antonio accepts it then I'll let you go away unharmed. But if that person does not accept it then we will have to kill him. Family member or not we will show no mercy."

They both start interrogating the people one by one. Even Lukas and Marco were interrogated. Since I was the last one to enter I got interrogated at last.

"Today the weather is hot Allesandra. Why are you wearing such warm clothes?" Asked Vincent. I looked at Leonardo to find him smirking at me.

"I was feeling cold." I answered. I can see other people giving each other weird looks.

"Alright. Well I don't think that Allesandra has anything to do with Antonio. So you.......... " Vincent couldn't complete.

"Allesandra!" boomed Leonardo's voice.

"Bring me some coffee." He said.

I nodded. I should make coffee for everyone but now I know better than to defy him. I will make coffee only for him.

"Come on Sandy I'll take you to the kitchen." Says Leonardo. I haven't spoken a word with him because that's the best thing to do right now. I follow him to the kitchen. Why is he helping me when I already know the way to the kitchen?

"You know how to make coffee?" I nod my head. I do not dare to look him in the eye.

"You know how I like my coffee?" I simply nod. Why is he asking me that? Even though I've never made coffee for him but I know how he likes his coffee.

He keeps standing there and I start making coffee. My hands are covered in bruises. It's like there's no grip left in my hands. I hear him sighing and then hugging me from behind.
"Why are you giving me the silent treatment Sandy?" He complains like a child.

All the memories of what he made me do today came back to me. One by one tears start falling from my eyes.

"Please say something baby. Anything. I told you in the morning that I wasn't really in a good mood. And all my anger leashed out on you. I'm so so sorry Sandy please talk to me. Please. Pl....please Sandy talk to me o...or else I'll cut my wrist." There are tears falling down his eyes. I'm so shocked to see him like this. Some blood is already flowing down his wrist.

"OMG!! STOP IT. OKAY.. OKAY I'LL TALK TO YOU." I say screaming.

He throws his knife away and hugs me tightly.

"I love you so much Sandy. I'm sorry for what I did earlier. I'll never hurt you again" He says but to me it sounds fake.

Third person Pov

While hugging Allesandra, Leonardo has an evil grin plastered to his face. How naive and stupid is she to not know that it's fake blood. He never even pretended to cut his wrist but just the sight of fake blood made her think so.

He wipes off the fake tears from his eyes. He should win an Oscar for such brilliant acting skills. He had to do it because otherwise Sandy would not talk to him and he cannot live without being around her and hearing her voice.

"Can I call my mom?" Not so naive he thinks. She's taking advantage of his situation.

"It's charging right now. I'll give it to you after sometime."
He tells her.

"When you are done making coffee come upstairs to our room with my coffee. Alright? " He pats her back and leaves.

She feels relieved that his mood has lightened up now and he has allowed her to call her mom.

While thinking of her mom she does not realise that she has put salt in the coffee instead of sugar. She did not even taste it herself and poured the coffee in the mug and went upstairs.

What do you think he'll do?