9. Birthdays and Sweet Sixteens

Start from the beginning

I never told them about any Party but my cousins did. They insisted that it was my ‘Sweet Sixteen’ and it needed to be a blast.

"No alcohol, No smoking, No boys!" Mom warned as she put her hand on her ear to lay emphasis.

Typical Mom

"Abeg, Abeg, you can invite boys" Dad said as I chuckled

"Your dad wants to spoil you oo. No boys oo" she maintained as she pulled her ears to show emphasis

"Leave me let me spoil my baby. Boys are allowed" Dad insisted as Mom rolled her eyes.

It was interesting to watch them banter like 3 year olds.

"Let Marie tell me that any boy came for the party first and I'll know what I'll do to you" Mom said as some guards and maids picked up Mom and Dad's bags.

"I've heard ma" I replied with a chuckle as they both left the room and I covered myself with My duvet.

"Ehn, Don't tell me that you are going back to sleep?" Diane asked as I hissed

"I'm sleepy. You guys woke me up" I said sincerely as I pulled my eye mask down to my chin.

"I'm sleepy, I'm Sleepy, Yen, Yen, Yen! You better take your bath cause your Make-up artiste would be here in a minute" Diane said as she typed on one of my phones and it was obvious that she was replying to my Instagram notifications.

"In other words, You stink! And I know that you wouldn't want your Make-up artiste telling the media how smelly your mouth-" Denise started as Marie closed her mouth

"Sheesh! You talk too much! Calm down" Marie said as she shunned Denise

"On the contrary, Diane is the talkative" Denise said as I rolled my eyes

"You can start preparing for your date now. Dad and Mom are gone already" Divine said as she entered my room.

Date, Huh

"Oh dear. You're a darling" Marie said as she gave Divine a hug

"I'll be going soon with your Rolls Royce and not a word of this to your Parents huh?" She said as she went out of the room and all eyes were on me.

"What are you guys staring at" I asked as Diane and Denise hissed.

"Go use the Bathroom sister' They yelled in unison.

Dear Lord, I just signed up for no rest.

***

I wasn't lying when I said I signed up for no rest.

I've been up since, changing into different clothes and applying different make-up products on my face just because of My birthday photoshoot.

I had taken my bath several times with different skincare brands and literally bathed myself in Rose perfumes yet, Diane wasn't satisfied.

Denise had asked the Make-up artiste to wipe off the Make-up from my face without taking any pictures because Denise thought the Make-up look was too simple.

Diane had ripped one of my dresses because in her words, it wasn't ‘Eye catchy’.

My cousins made me wonder if I was the first to have a birthday party and I wasn't interested in having a birthday party at all but telling that to Diane and Denise meant that I wanted my head on a platter.

And even though my life is too complicated, I'm not ready to die.

At least, not yet.