"Y/N.... come on. It is a really hot day... Don't you want a little cold treat?" Scarlett offered with a warm smile at which Elizabeth look at her, a little puzzled.

"Ice cream?" Y/N peaked her head with interest, making Scarlett nod in response.

"Yeah... all the ice cream you can..."

"Okay. Let's go, mama..." Y/N crawled out of the desk and ran towards Elizabeth, insitently tugging her hand towards the door.

"Why don't you go get me your shoes and socks? And I will be with you in a second, sweetie." Elizabeth said, at which Y/N only sprinted to the living room.

"Okay. Just let me grab my shoes and a jacket and close my..."

"You're- You're coming with us?" Elizabeth interrupted. Her tone a little more hopeful than she intended.

"Yeah..." Scarlett nodded, as she took one of her jackets from the closet. "I wouldn't offered ice cream if it won't be on me. Well if you let her have one, of course."

"I mean it's not like I can't say no now. Not after how excited she got." Elizabeth shuggered. "I swear you're spoiling her..."

"Oh come on. It's an ice cream cone, and she already had lunch. Give her a break, baby..." Scarlett joked, lacing her shoes.

"Yeah. Since you said that, you're dealing with the sugar rush she's about to have." Elizabeth chuckled, leaning in the door's frame. Scarlett nodded in response. "Are you sure you're not pressured to come? I mean you were supossed to write and..."

"Nope. None of that. I'm so coming and that's it..." Scarlett affirmed with a smile. "That thing was draining me... So I'm getting us ice cream, instead."

"Mama... come on! I want ice cream." Y/N called in more whiney tone.

"Motherhood is calling... I'll get my car started for us, while you help her get dress properly." Scarlett chuckled, as she took her purse.

"Okay, then gas is on..."

"No... Don't even think about it..." Scarlett interrupted, shaking her head as she left the room. "I'm taking care of it, so you can only worry about groceries, okay?"

With a tired sigh, Elizabeth only nodded to Scarlett's petition, following her out the room as well. When the duo arrived to the living room, both let out a chuckle when they noticed the toddler with swapped shoes and without socks.

Sooner than expected the trio was enjoying the last bites of their iced-treats while walking along the aisles of the grocery store with a cart on hand where Y/N happily sat as the duo chose their food.

"Scar...We need to go back for even more cookies." Y/N muttered as soon as Elizabeth walked to the end of the aisle to get more vegetables.

"For whom?" Scarlett muttered back, as she watched the toddler with curiosity.

"For Coco. Not for me." Y/N pouted while pointing to the new plushie she picked at the entrance of the store. A green frog with a pink tutu and a tiara. "She can't eat from my ice cream, she'll get sick, silly..."

"Oh baby, we... have to ask mama first and ask Coco if she can eat some. We don't want to cause her a tummy ache, now. Do we?" Scarlett asked with a low and sweet tone as Y/N shook her head furiously.

"Nope, tummy ache not fun."

"Exactly... so for now, eat a little more of your ice cream Y/N, while we wait for your..."

"Oh... Scarlett, is that you dear?" A sweet woman's voice interrupted the duo as she walked towards them.

When Scarlett's eyes met with the woman's, it took her a second to recognize who she was. Dorothy. An old friend from her parents, who had practically raised her in her younger years.