EO: Questions.

Warning: Light cursing (is it even considered a warning? IDK)

Words: 1.1K

Age: 4

Plot: As Y/N turns four, the questions about the world around her begin, much to Elizabeth's dismay.

A/N: Hi, I'm Fer, welcome to the book. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I do writing it. Requests are open, so don't be shy to suggest something you might like to read here.

Since Y/N Olsen learned how to talk "properly" at age three, she never stopped. She was always talking either to herself, to her mom and to anyone who was willing to listen to her. At first Elizabeth found it adorable and always tried to encorage her daughter to talk about anything her mind had to said. Oh boy, she had never regretted something so fast in her life. When Y/N turned four, she stopped talking and started questioning everything around her, putting Elizabeth in the most embarassing situations.

Scarlett Johansson had given birth to her daughter, a couple of months ago and Elizabeth and Y/N were visiting both of them in their house, while Scarlett recovered. The three of them were seated on the living room with an animated movie playing on the background, that the four-year-old wasn't paying any attention to. Elizabeth and Scarlett chatted about their newest Avengers movie and some different things while Y/N admired the asleep baby in Scarlett's arms, seated in her mom's lap.

"Auntie Scarlett" Y/N tugged Scarlett's sweater to get her atention. Both women stopped her conversation to look at the child with a curious smile.

"Yes, little one?"

"Where did you buy baby Rose?" Y/N asked innocently. A wide-eyed Scarlett pressed her lips together, trying to muffle her laughter.

"Sweetheart, we can't buy babies, that's kind of illegal. Who told you that?" Elizabeth asked, with visble confusion on her face while stroking the child's hair.

"Auntie Mary-Kate. I asked her where do babies come from? She said you bought me and that's why I'm your daughter" Y/N explained back as it was the most obvious thing in the world, making Elizabeth facepalm herself mentally. Scarlett let out a chuckle.

"Your mom is right. I didn't buy baby Rose, you can't buy babies, Y/N. She was born, and so were you." Scarlett bopped Y/N's nose with a smile, making her giggle.

"Oh okay..." Y/N responded, satisfied with the answer, as Elizabeth happily got back to her previous conversation, now that her daughter had dropped the subject. "Wait... mommy... if you don't buy babies, where do they come from?"

"They come from their mom's belly." Elizabeth responded, silently pleading her daughter stopped with her questions.

"But how do they get out? Who get them out?" Y/N asked back, even more curious than before.

"Woah... Look, there's fairies in the movie..." Scarlett intervened, knowing it was Y/N's favorite thing. The girl happily got distracted by the movie as Elizabeth sent Scarlett a quick 'thank you' look.

Weeks had passed since that question popped up and now the mother/duo daughter were on their way to brunch with the cast members from Avengers: Age of Ultron. During those weeks Y/N's curiosity about how other animals were born, only grow bigger and she asked her mom about it in any chance she got.

"So mommy... How are cows born?" Y/N asked as both walked to the entrance of the restaurant.

"They're mammals. So they come from their mom..." Elizabeth sighed, knowing it'll be a long morning full of questions.

"And the ostriches?" Y/N asked back, walking alongside her mother.

"They come from big eggs, just like any other bird or the chickens." Elizabeth responded, not really thinking twice about the answer. Y/N nodded, satisfied, for now, with the answers.

"Here they are, my favorite Olsens." Y/N could recognize that voice anywere. It was Chris Evans' voice, her favorite uncle. She let go of Elizabeth's hand to run to him to give him a bone crushing hug.

Once the Olsen duo were seated in the long table, Y/N between her mom and her aunt Scarlett, the cast started chatting amongst themselves, while looking at their menu.

"Do you want the pancakes, or the eggs, sweetie?" Elizabeth broke the silence between the two. Y/N shrugged, making her mom sigh.

Whatever Elizabeth picked for her daughter she would eat it without questioning. Y/N knew her mom wouldn't pick something awful tasting for her. At the moment, the four-year-old couldn't care less about the food, her mind was wondering about the answers of her previous questions and putting two and two together. Until the waitress came to take their orders.

"And you, little one? What would you like?" The waitress asked, looking at the little girl, with a warm smile.

Before Elizabeth could say anything, Y/N spoke in a calm and serious tone, making everyone in the table to look at her.

"I wish to devour the unborn chicken"

Everyone in the table remained silent for a moment, either because they were shocked about what the four-year-old had said, or because they were trying to hold their laughter. It took Elizabeth a moment to process what her daughter had said, then she let out a sigh and looked at the waitress, slightly embarrassed.

"She'll have the scrambled eggs and an orange juice. I'll have the pancakes and a mimosa. Thank you."

"Is not too early to drink, Lizzie?" Robert Downey Jr asked from across the table with an arched eyebrow, still trying to hold his laughter. "You have a mini you, to look after..."

"Oh fuck off, Robert. It's midday already, leave Lizzie alone" Chris Evans defended her, before he realized his mistake by Elizabeth's wide eyes as she covered her daughter's ears. But it was too late, way too late.

"Mommy... what's fuck off?" Y/N asked curiously, still with her ears covered. Making Robert burst out of laughing

"Nothing, why don't you play with my phone until brunch is served, hun?" Elizabeth quickly pulled her phone out and put a game for her daughter, while shotting Robert a death glare.

"It's something only adults say" Chris tried to fix his mistake, earning another death glare from Elizabeth.

"Oh okay, that's why auntie Mary-Kate can say it while babysitting me and I can't?" Y/N asked back not looking from the game, making Elizabeth's cheeks to turn a light shade of pink, at which Robert and Chris laughed even more.

"Keep playing your game, sweetheart, keep playing your game..."

After that embarrassing situations, at least Elizabeth learned to never left Y/N under the supervision of her older sister, Mary-Kate.