1. First contact

'What is that thing...?'

This is what Hoshimachi Suisei thought first after seeing the maverick. Although she has a meme called Suichopath due to her Project Winter collab stream with other hololive members and her actions on the mission against monsters who came across by portals, but this one, even though it looks heavily damaged, she can't swing her golden ax easily.

[Human... die...!]

As the maverick was back online, he tried to attack Suisei by striking her with his left arm. Suisei blocked the attack, but the maverick tried to launch another one. But suddenly, another attack came from above the maverick and killed it.

"Huh?!"

[Arrrrrgh!]

As she looked above, she saw a blue warrior.

(A few minutes earlier...)

[Where... am I...?]

As X was back online, he saw the place was different compared to before he passed out.

[Anyways... I think this maverick was defeated. Maverick hunters HQ, this is X. I request for a pick-up. HQ? HQ, come in. This is X. HQ! Come in please! Nah... no response...]

But strangely enough, he can't contact with the HQ.

[What's happening...? Wait... where am I anyways...?]

He decided to look around for a minute, and he only realized that he was in Japan, but not in the year of 22XX, in the year of 2022.

[Year 2022? Did I just went back to past? No... if I remember correct about the history, around 2020, humanoids should be walking around, but I see none of them.]

X was confused that this wasn't the 21st century that he knew. But all of a sudden, he detected a maverick signal in his system.

[system: Alert. Alert. Maverick detected from 1km east.]

[Great, guess I'll have to think about this later and destroy the maverick first.]

X wall-jumped through the buildings and moved to east, and then he saw the maverick who self exploded earlier was attacking innocent(?) civilian.

[Guess he didn't died earlier... Fine. I'll do it.]

X jumped off the building and started to charge. As the charging was completed, he shot a charge shot on to the maverick, which created a hole on the back of the maverick.

This was what happened, and back to present, X landed on top of the dead maverick's corpse.

"Woah! That was awesome blue guy...! Um... your name?"

[Are you alright?]

"Me? Yeah I'm fine. I could easily defeated that robot by myself."

[Huh? But you're a human? Human can't fight maverick easily?]

"Maverick? What's that?"

[Wait... just who are you? And what kind of organization do you belong to?]

"Me? I'm Hoshimachi Suisei the idol V-tuber! A gemstone of a star who appeared like a comet! And I belong to Hololive!"

[Hololive?]

"Yup. And I ask you again Mr. Blue guy, what is your name and where are you from?"

[My name is X, SSS ranked maverick hunter. I belong to maverick hunters but... I don't think this isn't the world I belong to...]

As Suisei heard what X said, she noticed that this X guy is from other dimension.

"I guess you're from another dimension then. Hey, I could help you by the way. Why don't you follow me to Hololive? We deal with somebody who came from other dimension like you."

Hearing what Suisei said, X agreed and followed her.