I lack ambition from the side, monsters eaten me

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"W-Well, can I bring my friend?"

"Sure, as long as she doesn't ruin anyth-"

"Actually, he's a boy." Basil interrupted this time.

For some reason, his mother seemed unusually pleased by this information, "Oh! Really? That's great, bring him along! If his mom and dad don't want him to go along, I can send them money for it!"

"Uh... thanks?"

"If you need to get money, call me back in a half hour, I'm going to be on a call with my campaign manager! Thank you, Basil!" She then hung up. At least she pretended to care...

Basil realized something. He'd be taking them from his house for his birthday. Basil felt guilty, but his mom apparently now really wanted Sunny to be there, for whatever stupid reason.

At least I can give him his present in person...

Basil made his way over to Sunny's house, looking at the growth of his seeds on his way over. Some of the tulips had already sprouted into little green shoots. Basil smiled at them before continuing towards the road.

The street was surprisingly quiet, but Basil wasn't about to complain. He walked across the road, along the curb of the street between their houses, then across the road once more, arriving on the sidewalk in front of Sunny's house.

After making his way up to the door of Sunny's house, he thought for a second. Would the mother of the person he nearly stabbed the eye out of even let him come with him to Guangzhou? His mom would get mad if he didn't even ask, so, he still had to try.

He knocked on the door, and the door was opened by Sunny's Mother. Both of Sunny's parents weren't originally from China. His mother was apparently born to two asian-americans, and his father German. Basil never knew much about Sunny's dad, other than that he didn't like Basil.

"Oh, hello Basil! Sunny's in his room right now, I'll call him."

"Well, actually I-"

"SUNNY! SUUNNNNYYY!!!!" Her screaming interrupted him.

"WHAT IS IT MOM?!" He heard Sunny scream back.

"YOUR FRIEND IS HERE, COME DOWN HERE!!!"

Sunny rushed downstairs and stood beside his mother.

"Hey Basil." He said, putting his hand up in greeting.

"Um, I was invited to Guangzhouby my mom... and um... she said you could come with me, Sunny."

Sunny looked surprised, but Basil quickly continued before he answered. "Well, not could, she was going to pay you two money if necessary to bring you... so..."

"For how long?" His mother asked.

"Like... a week at most..." Basil said through his teeth, scared at her response.

"I don't think we-"

Sunny cut her off "Sure, just make sure she pays mom a couple thousand, he said smiling at Basil, "I wanted to spend time with you for my birthday, but this is surprising, ha!"

Basil smiled back at Sunny. He was so glad to know someone like him. 

His smile is so pretty...

Snap out of it Basil. Sunny is your friend, not your boyfriend.

"W-Well, when would he be leaving?" His mother asked.

Basil checked the time. "An hour..."

His mother looked on in surprise, and Sunny rushed back inside. "Be right there!"

Getting to Guangzhou City was an hour and a half of driving. Basil dreaded the worst part, that only 10 minutes away was Faraway. He was glad Hero was still there though, because the college he goes to was in Guangzhou too. 10 minutes away is better than being in the same city as them, where they could wander around and see you any second. Looking at you like the monster you are.

Sunny came back downstairs. He was wearing a cute slight smile on his face. "I'm ready now, Basil."

His voice would seem pretty monotone to the average listener, but Basil could hear it on his voice. He was super excited. 

"Alright! C'mon, I gotta go to my house and pack before they get here too!" Basil ran to his house with Sunny. He remembered to call his mom when he got to the door.

"Hey mo- Michelle, they said they needed..." Basil thought for a moment. Sunny's family deserved more than a lousy 2 thousand. "20 thousand, alright?" 

"That's all? Fine, I'll have the butler write up a check." she answered, then immediately hung up. So much for pretending she cared.

Basil opened the door hurriedly, but waiting for him was Polly. "Don't worry, Michelle already told me what's going on. Here's your bags, Basil! Have a good time you two." She smiled at them. Basil smiled back.

A limousine pulled up next to Sunny's house, then quickly came over to them. "沙儿洛恩" was etched into the side of it in golden paint. Of course they'd use the least subtle car to pick him up. Displaying his last name on the side of it, for everyone to see. Basil and Sunny got into the car, embarrassed. The driver said from all the way at the front of the limousine "Hello young master Basil, I will leave you and your boyfriend privacy!" closing 3 different walls between them before he could answer.

B-Boyfriend?

Yes, apparently that hit Basil so hard, he stuttered in his thoughts too. Basil was hitting the realization that his mother could've misinterpreted what he said. (In Chinese, the word for friend, pengyou, can also mean partner, and boyfriend. Nan means boy, and when Basil corrected his mother, she may have mixed it up. Teehee Chinese joke I'm so funny)

"S-Sorry Sunny, I think my mom thinks we're dating." Both of them promptly turned pink, and averted each others' gaze for a few minutes. They would've the whole ride if it was only a 13 minute ride instead of an hour long one.

This is going to be a loooooong trip.