Chapter 43 Purely And Sincerely.

I didn't think much about her at first. In the beginning, she was just the princess of the school and my classmate who we discovered living in a tent with her best friend. I invited her and miss honda to live with us because they were alone and needed help. But part of me also did it out of a stupid desire to rebel against the somas and zodiac curse. And then, she said something– so purely and sincerely.
Star: i do have one thing to ask you. If me and tohru forget you, please befriend us again.
A mother? She's like some kinda mother figure to you? Okay, yeah. I get it, man. No, that's a lie i don't get it. D'you wanna borrow my mom, instead? Manabe asked making yuki chuckle. It's just something i'd always wanted. My whole life, i'd never had a parent who truly loved me. That's why it meant so much. She'd sit there and listen to me complain without getting bored or frustrated. She just accepted me. She wasn't disgusted by my weakness or embarrassed by my flaws. It made me happy. Gave me peace. Her kindness overcame my pain.

To sleep knowing i'm loved unconditionally

To sleep knowing i'm loved unconditionally. Like a child abandoning my worries and entrusting myself to someone else, in a place where i'll be protected. Rin... was that how she felt, too?

 was that how she felt, too?

I yearned for a mother. To finally know what that love felt like. I found that... in miss takashi. Yuki said. Even though she's our age? Manabe asked. Mhm. strang as it is, i think the first time i realized what i felt was that night. The night kyo transformed and ran off. When she went after him, she looked like a woman, not a girl. I don't know why, but she seemed different somehow. It's difficult to explain. I found myself drawn to her. Not romantically, but as a mother. Someone safe. I didn't have an agenda. All i wanted was a comfortable place where someone would look after me, always. Then i panicked. I mean, when i realized what i was thinking, i was so confused. Not to mention incredibly embarrassed. I wasn't sure how to deal with it, so i didn't. I shut it away, immediately. I stuffed thoes feelings down. Teased and flirted. Like a normal guy with a girl he likes. But still, it felt wrong. Yuki said as the coach on the soccer team blew the whistle. Making manabe look at where they were playing. He got up stretching. I dunno. You sure you're being honest with yourself? He walked down the stairs as he spoke. I mean, people hook up with partners who remind them of their parents all the time. He then started playing with the soccer ball that rolled to them. Maybe you're twisting things up in your head 'cause you figure you've lost her to somebody else. He kncoked the ball over to yuki making him startled but he caught it. You know. Orange hair. Kyo, right? You don't think you stand a chance against him. Manabe said making yuki shake his head and smile a bit. That's not it. Yeah, a apart of me wants to be like him. And he sees her like i can't– with different eyes. He loves her in a way i don't. And she... the way she looks at him... yuki stood up still holding the soccer ball in his hands. but that's not the reason i feel like this. Not being able to beat him– whether it's good or bad, whether it's right or wrong– i couldn't care less about any of that! Yuki said then kicked the soccer ball hard to the top of the fence. Manabe caught it and starts bumping it with his leg. There are couples out there like the ones you mentioned. Manabe let the ball drop looking at yuki. And if it works for them, great. I'm glad they've found someone to be with. They want that, but i don't! That isn't what i want! It would be hollow. And so lonely. Yuki had tears in his eyes as he talked.
This time, i want to discover it on my own. Using my own strength.
I want to move forward again,