Chapter 33 Plans For The Future

Oh uh yeah sure! I said wiping my eyes. Shigure gave me a look. I nodded telling him to just wait out here. We walked in and sat down. Now why don't we get started. So star i see you wrote on yours that you would like to go to school for music and production. Why is that? The teacher asked. Oh uh because i've been writing music lately and have been singing so i thought why not use my talents for it. I said scratching my head.
Ah my perfect star your gonna become a pop idol ah i can't wait. My father said gushing over me.
Dadddd please don't be embarassing! I said blushing. Well don't forget to start applying to scholarships. It's not too late. But i've already decided that once i graduate high school i'm going to go work fulltime...

 But i've already decided that once i graduate high school i'm going to go work fulltime

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

That was the plan. I only wrote that as maybe a future future thing. My teacher smiled at me. And you're going to move out of mr.soma's house after you've graduated? My homeroom teacher asked. Me. my father looked over at me with a blank face.
Yes. i said. Shigure peaked in. here's a thought: why not stay and marry me instead? Shiugre asked.
HUH? Me and my father shotued in unison. While my teacher sighed. I am 28 years old, after all. At my age, you get a lot of people telling you it's past time to settle down. Shigure says.
Well, it's just...
NO your not marrying my precious little girl. I won't allow it! My father shouts pointing at shiugre cutting me off.
No, that won't do. We ladies take marriage proposals very seriously, you know. You can't just throw it out there like that. At this rate, you'll never find anybody to marry you. My teacher says in a nice way towards shigure.
What's this? Don't tell me. You're the type who sits around dreaming about receiving the perfect proposal? You should be careful. You'll waste all your best years. Shiugre clapped back. Me and my father shivered.
Where is all this diamond dust coming from? I asked shivering .
I don't know. my father said.
Takashi. My teacher called.
Uh! Uh, yes, ma'am? I asked.
Let's go with your second plan. To start working for now. But just remember, there's still time to change your mind and go with the first option, okay? My teacher said.
Uh, yeah sure. I said pondering on it. Takashi. My teacher called.
Uh. yes. I answered.
You know, you don't have to bear it all alone. My teacher said with a soft smile. I looked over at my dad then back at her. Okay. i said softly. We bowed. I look at shigure.
Thanks for coming shiugre. Even if you didn't really go as my parent. It really--
you and your father go catch up okay? I need a moment more. There's something i would like to discuss with your teacher, but it doesn't concern you. Shigure said. My teacher groaned irritable at shigure.
I don't think you should. You seemed to irritate her a lot. I said looking a shigure.
I swear. You say the strangest things sometimes,star. Shigure says patting my head.
Ugh! My teacher said.
Well come on dad. I'll see you later. I said closing the door behind me and my dad. I looked over at my dad.
Wanna catch up, let's walk around. I wanna hear what you're up to. My father said.
Uh sure. And uh thanks. For coming i mean. Even if i didn't want you too. I said as we started walking to nowhere specific. Yeah no problem i wanted to be here regardless if you wanted me too or not. I'm glad i got to clear the air with you. My father says holding his hand out for me to shake. Yeah thanks dad. I said shaking his hand. Well you have my number. I gotta get back to work at my company. If you ever wanna switch companies and work for mine, I'll be happy to have you as my assistant. I only ask since I know you're an assistant at your current job. But i want you to know i have the money to send you to a school for music if that's what you truly want star. My father said making me pounder. I have the money too mom saved a lot of money to the side i just don't use it because she worked so hard for it. Trust me i could have done a lot of things with that money like keep the house you and her bought use it towards my tuition for school now and for the field trip. But I feel like those aren't things I wanna spend mom's hard earned money on. So i'll keep working mom always said to use your hard earned money on the important things first. Fun stuff later. So i'll just let her money stay where it is. And for your offer thanks but i might stick with my current path now. But don't worry i'll still keep my music option in mind. I said smiling softly at my dad. You know you look more and more like your mother as you grow up you may have looked more like me when you were younger. But now as i see you know the way you act they way you talk all resembles her so much. It's almost like she never left and she's still here. My father said making me stare at him with shock. See ya soon kiddo i'll keep in touch kay? My father said ruffling my hair then waving goodbye. Bye. I said softly waving as I watched him leave. I walked to the front of the school sitting on the circle part in the middle of the gate and the school lost in thought. Star! Uo called making me gasp. What's got you so spacey? Uo asked, crouching a bit in front of me. Oh, it's nothing. I said scratching my head. That isn't true. I look at hana with a bruh face. Something's up. I sigh. Your turbulent waves gave you away. Hana says. Yup. uo says. Tohru nods her head. Guys. it's nothing serious, i promise! Just a little anxious after my dad showin up out of the blue and talking about my future. I smiled then stared at the ground remembering that day my mom left me alone as a kid. Then to last year me walking into the hospital room seeing the white sheet over my mom's body. No. it's not that. Kyo was blurred in my vision then it was covered with a box. It's something... much deeper. As i stared off to space i heard uo start talking. You're not alone on that one, trust me. Uo said making me look up at her. Yeah, it's got me feelin' pretty stressed, too. Pops says i gotta start really thinking about what i'm gonna do. Uo says. I'm just gonna work like my mom wanted me too. College may come next not sure though. Tohru said. It is rough. I've been told i'm expected to graduate. Hana said looking away from us both. Jeez, not exactly shooting for the stars there, are ya? Listen, i know this is hard, but i also know you tend to overthink things. Uo walked over putting her hand on my head. Don't stress out too much about the future. It's a waste of the time you've got now. Plus, it worries me.
Shigure: if you focus on that too much, you'll trip over what's right in front of you.
I put my hands up to my chest where my heart is. Hm yeah. I think you're right. It's definitely time for some somen. I said with a closed eye smile. Somen? That a joke? You kinda sounding like tohru. Uh? Joke? No it was't! And stop saying that me and tohru are so much different! I shouted while tohru laughed. Besides it's just something shiugre told me one time. "Sometimes you have to take a break and eat somen with your friends." i mumbled out. Really? Doens't sound like him. Uo says thinking about how shigure acts. Uo-chan, hana-chan, tohru. Thank you guys so much. I feel way better now. I said smiling at them. Please don't thank me. Really. Hana sat next me puting her hand over mine making me look at her as she softly smiled. I was simply trying to give you a fraction of the comfort that you always give me. Hana said holding up our hands. Me? Really? I ask as i tear up. While tohru hugged. Hanajima, don't hog all the credit. Ah, just forget it. Star, i wouldn't be too trusting of that writer. Uo said as i titled my head to the side in confusion. I mean i trust shigure to an extant but what do you mean? I ask uo. Let's just say the vibe i get from him is pretty dark. Uo said with a closed eye smile. He's quite twisted. Hana says. Well yeah. I say crossing my arms sighing while tohru looked between all of us. Well besides that shiugre can be a kind and considerate man? I say in an question type tone.
I guess there's no point in trying to change her mind. Uo says in her mind. Maybe it's her blind trust will guilt him into good behabavior. Oh, my. It's kyo soma. And who is that? Hana asked as they watch kyo and kazuma walk up the stair to the school. Master's here! Oh, he's kyo's dad! i said watching them. Seriously? That guy? I figured carrots's dad would be a redhead like him. Uo said. Well– he doesn't look anything like kyo, but he is– incredibly handsome. Hana cut uo off making me, tohru and uo gasp in shock.