74| Snagging a Demon

Dean's genius plan was to sew Abaddon back together, but without her hands. While we were talking with her, Sam's phone rang with the number '666'.

"Crowley," Sam growled when he answered it.

"Crowley?" Abaddon asked. "The salesman?"

"Try the King of Hell," Dean corrected.

"This is a joke, right?"

I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"Stay."

We walked out of the room, leaving Abaddon alone while we talked with Crowley.

"Hold on," Sam said, switching the call to speaker. "How'd you get this number?"

"Ah, first things first- what are you wearing?"

"Oh, okay, hanging up now," I snapped. "Hang up."

"Fine," Crowley sighed. "This isn't a social call. I was wondering. You three been reading the papers, say, 'Denver Times' from yesterday? No? Well, you should. It's side splitting. What the hell- I'm sexting you an address. Check it out. Then we'll talk. Cheerio."

"Wait, what?" Dean asked. "Crowley."

Sam's phone beeped as the demon hung up without another word. While he and Dean tried to figure out what Crowley had been talking about, I went to go check on the kids and make them lunch.

"Mommy? Can I help yet?" Maddie asked me at the table in the kitchen.

"You are helping by playing with your brother," I told her. "Daddy and I need you to be a big girl and help keep him safe, okay?"

"Okay," the five-year-old nodded.

"No. No! No! No! No!" Dean's voice carried into the kitchen.

"Stay here," I told Maddie. "Watch Zep."

I ran through the halls until I got to the room we had been holding Abaddon in. Sam and Dean were both there, but Abaddon was gone.

"Son of a bitch!" Dean swore.

"Dean, Dean!" Sam said, picking up the Devil's Trap bullet that had been in Abaddon's skull off the floor.

His cellphone beeped then, and he checked it.

"It's a text message from Crowley- an address in Prosperity, Indiana."

"Prosperity?" Dean raised a brow. "Didn't we work a case there? Yeah, yeah, the one with the witches and the baked goods. So what? He's going after somebody there now?"

"I don't know. We got to check it out."

"Well, you know it's a trap," I pointed out.

"Of course it's a trap," Sam nodded. "But a trap means demons, and we could use one right now."

"Right. You guys go. I'll stay here with Maddie and Zep. Keep me updated."

"Okay," Dean agreed, pecking me on the lips. "Let's go."

"He's doing what?"

I had just finished putting the kids down and Dean had called me with an update.

"He's going after everyone we've saved over the years, one person every 12 hours, unless we turn the demon tablet over to him. And we have to stop the trials."

"So where are you headed next?"

"A motel in Indianapolis."

I pinched the bridge of my nose, letting out a slow breath.