Assumptions

Carlos's POV

"Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

I open my eyes as I feel Cass's ear flick against my chin. As my eyes adjust I see that we're still in the pillow fort we had made on my bed last night. Surprising it hadn't toppled over.

I look to the TV to see it had already been turned off and a blanket had been placed over us. Cass was snuggled up to me, my chest being her pillow. I smile as I look at her. So sweet, caring, innocent. . . . Well, as innocent as she could be.

"Hey you're up." I look up to see Jay poking his head into the fort. "Hate to break up this whole thing but we have a game today and if you want something to eat before it then we need to get going."

"Sure, uh, just gotta. . ." I pause to shuffle out but as I do, she wraps her arm around me.

"Heh, I'll grab you something if you miss breakfast." Jay states before leaving the fort.

"Wait, you can't just-" I say before hearing the door shut. I look down at the feline before letting out a disgruntled sigh.

"Cassey. Kitten." I softly sing song as she hugs me tighter. "C'mon Kitten. We need to wake up."

"Nooo," She whines giving a cute little pout. I gently tickle her neck for her to bat at my hand.

"Aw, Cass, I'd rather stay here too, but I got a game, and we have the bake sale to go to after it."

"Mmmm, no."

"C'mon, I don't wanna do this the hard way." She lifts her head, her eyes in that tired squint.

"You wouldn't."

"Oh yeah?" I ask before attacking her sides. She lets out a high pitch squeal and rolls off me and right through the wall of pillows. I clutch her sides as the fort falls on us, and she slowly continues to fall off the bed.

"Sp-Spotty let go!" She squeaks as I try to readjust myself to help her back up.

"Just a second. You're gonna fall." I pause before being able to pull her back to me. I then work to get the blanket off of us but felt fingers on my stomach.

"C-Cass. St-Stop that!" I stammer for her to go faster. I let out a laugh before dropping the blanket and batting her hands away before wiggling my fingers into her sides again. We wrestle like this, the blanket getting even more tangled until we fall off the bed. I was the one that hit the floor first, with Cass landing on me.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine." I giggle before we start untangling ourselves. We manage to get out of the blanket and just lay on the floor for a moment. Dude coming up to lick my face.

"You know you could've joined us Doggo." Cass points out as I pick up Dude and lay him on my stomach.

"That's really sweet Doggo."

"What did he say?" I question for her to smile at me.

"He said that he didn't wanna ruin our time together, seeing as last night was supposed to be a me and you thing." She explains for me to grin and scratch Dude's ears.

"Awww, such a sweet boy." I coo before there's a knock.

"Come in." I call for Allen and Dexter to open the door, but then pull it back just enough where they couldn't see us.

"Oh uh, sorry. We were just coming to see if you and Jay were awake yet." Dexter states as I move Dude off me and get up.

"Jay's already gone to breakfast. We'll be down in a few minutes." I pause, "What are you doing?" I walk over and grab the door, pulling it open. I look between the two of them, my eyebrows furrowed. Dexter stares at his feet and Allen was looking to the side awkwardly.