Clinging and Chaos

5:30

Evie's POV

"Love the kitty." Cass commands, bunting my chin again. I was currently in the process of taking off my day makeup. Mal was on her bed, not stressed at all about her date with Ben, and I needed all the time I could get to get ready.

"Kitty, can Mal give you love for now? I'm trying to get ready."

"No. Kitty want Ribbon."

"I'm surprise you do after the so called 'torture' you went through getting groomed." Mal points out for Cass to glare at her before kissing my cheek.

"All forgives-en." She purrs snuggling me.

"Oh of course you forgive her. She's your favorite."

"No, she's not! I tolerate you equally!" Cass huffs, jumping into my lap, "If I loved her more, I wouldn't touch you, you cheater!"

"Cass, I just patted Oliver's head."

"Guilty!" Cass points an accusing paw at her. "It's bad enough you're cheating on me with Pupper but now you're cheating on him and me with another cat, and a tabby no less!"

"Um, aren't you technically an agouti tabby?"

"We don't talk about that!" She hisses as I pick her up and set her on the floor. I go to my dresser taking out clothes for a quick shower.

"Well, tabby or no tabby, you need to stay with Mal so I can get ready."

"Just make sure you don't sling water all over the counter like you did with Cat." Mal huffs for me to glare at her.

"Well, how bout next time you can have the pleasure of giving her a cat bath. Then maybe you'll see it's not as easy as I make it seem." I snap back as I make my way to the bathroom.

"Please, if I did then she'd knock me out for a week." M retorts for me to stop and turn around. I open my mouth but before I could say anything a fuzzy something grabs my ankle.

"Cass, please get off my leg." I say not bothering to look down at her.

"Evie, don't leave me with the hornet!"

"I am not a hornet!" Mal snaps back for me to groan.

"Cass, I'm just going to shower! C'mon now, get off."

"No Evie! Stay!" She begs for me to pause. Mal smirks at me.

"Go ahead and take her E. Give her something else that's not consistent with her everyday life."

"What do you mean by that?" I question, sitting back at my desk and trying to pry Cass off of me.

"I mean that you're messing up the one consistent thing in her life. You know the routine. I go out and you stay in and take care of her."

"I know, but that's gonna change because if this date with Doug goes well, I'll be going out more often."

"Nooooooooooooo!" I look down at Cass for her to give me her sad kitty eyes. My heart melts.

"Ooooh, but I would be missing that adorable little kitty face." I manage to pick her up and cuddle her.

"Stay with Kitty." She begs for me to kiss her head.

"Can you stay with Mal for just a few minutes? Or would you rather have another bath?" I question for her to pause.

"Cheater! Love me!" She yells glaring at Mal for me to kiss her head again before putting her down. I go into the bathroom and quickly shower. I wash my hair thoroughly before washing my body and shaving my legs, making sure to get every speck of hair. After I'm done, I get out and dry off, before blow drying my hair. I put on my new red tube top, and a black skirt before pinning my hair to the side before opening the- WHAT ON EARTH!?