Cass is Cass

6:30 p.m.

Mal's POV

"Cass," I bite my lip, "I just have to say, 'I am impressed.'" I look over to Cat's bed, where Evie's applying ice to C's eye, after bandaging up her head.

"I mean, you know you have done some pretty ridiculous stuff in the past, but this. . . " I shake my head, "this just takes the cake."

"Pixie how else was I suppose to get the Cheshire family smile– Ow!" She glares at Evie.

"Sorry Kitty," E pauses, "but you could've just used a brush to paint it on the picture."

"Ribbon, why would I go to such a ridiculous and extreme tactic to get the family smile on my painting?" She asks for me to chuckle and Evie to roll her eyes.

"Fine, but next time, let's try to keep your head on." She says as she goes back to pressing the icepack on the wound.

Knock Knock

I open the door to see Ben in a purple polo shirt and khakis.

"Nice shirt." I smile.

"Thanks. I wanted to match tonight." He grins before glancing behind me, "What happened to Cass?!"

"I kicked myself in the eye."

"Oh," He blinks, "Wait, what?"

"I'll explain on the way to dinner." I pause stepping out, "Bye girls."

"Have fun you two." Evie smiles before we head down the hall and outside. Once we're in the limo Ben questions me about Cass.

"She was doing her art project today. She was almost done and had to put the Cheshire family smile on it." I bite my lip.

"She crawled on the ceiling, dropped, and face planted the canvas. Her head then detached and her body spent ten minutes kicking her head around the room, trying to catch it and put it back on. Then right before Evie was about to beg me to do eyeliner, Cass kicked herself in the eye, therefore cutting the makeover short." I explain for him to chuckle shaking his head.

"She gets into the most random situations." He states for me to laugh.

"Oh, you should see her without her catnip, and I'm not talking a few minutes, no. See her when she's gone a few hours without it." I shake my head.

"You mean catnip's what keeps her sane? Most of the time it makes cats loopy."

"Well it's completely for medical use. Sometimes she'll take it if overly stressed but mainly just to stay sane enough to talk. Without it though. . ." I shake my head.

"It can't be that bad."

"Oh trust me, it is. She ate Carlos's shoelaces, milked some peanuts–"

"How do you milk peanut?"

"You can't."

"But Cass can?"

"Cass is Cass. She managed to eat sand paper once." I pause, "But she also bought us a loaf of pickles, and married some bubble wrap in the same hour."

"Why would she marry bubblewrap?" He questions for me to shrug.

"Cause she could? I don't know." I glance out the window, "What restaurant are we going to? I don't recognize this part of town."

"This is the west side of town,it has  some of the best places to eat at, but the hardest to book."

"You mean you had to make a reservation?" I question as I feel the car stop. He nods.