Chapter 15 - Jasmine

Leonidas arrives just a little before ten. I have put on the makeup, but I haven't dressed yet because I didn't know what we were going to do. I open the door and invite him in telling him, "I haven't changed yet because I wasn't sure where we were going. Beyond being pretty certain that you would not be taking me to dinner in a restaurant."

He laughs, "No. No restaurants, they get suspicious if you don't eat the food you ordered. We are going to a few places, if you are game. But I do have one stop to make before we officially go to the places I have planned. I brought a cooler with blood, so you don't have to worry about going hungry away from people."

"Ok, a little mystery but you are bringing food, I like it. Give me five minutes."

I disappear into the bedroom. Throwing on the stretchy black jeans and fitted black tank, a sparkly black bolero jacket, and my chunky heeled boots to finish the outfit off. I check myself in the mirror, adding a scrunchy to my wrist as I left my hair flowing free tonight. The tank's v displays my boobs very nicely and the stretchy jeans hug my ass like a second skin while still allowing for movement.

I walk out to the living room and Leonidas lets out a low whistle, "Pretty lady you sure know how to wrap a package. Ready?"

I laugh, "Thanks. Yes, I am."

Leonidas leads the way and I shut and lock the trailer on my way out. It won't stop anyone, but it might give them pause. I turn and he is standing next to an older model Chevy pickup. I walk around it admiring the work he has put into keeping or restoring it to such good condition. He is holding the passenger door open for me. Grinning he says, "Like what you see?"

I nod, getting in as I say, "I do. Is this original or restored?"

"Restored, I found her in bad shape a few years back and spent my spare time working on her." He closes the door and walks around the truck, getting into the driver's seat. He starts the truck and grips the steering wheel, "When we set the day for this date, I wasn't thinking about my usual Monday night date." I raise a brow but remain silent so he can continue on. "I visit my mom every Monday night. I arranged it with the home that I would be allowed an exception, so that I could visit her because well, obviously day visits are out of the question. I am telling you all this because that is where I need to go. I can't do it on a different night. You can come in with me or wait outside, as you please. If that is, you still want to go?"

"I do actually. And I would like to come in, I am curious to meet your mother."

He exhales in a rush of air, "Ok. Ok." He puts the truck in reverse and backs out of my drive into the shared one before putting it in drive and heading toward the nursing home. "My mom, she isn't always all there any more. While I tell everyone I am fifty years old, I was actually thirty-five when I was turned and it has been fifty years since then. But I feel like the life before this didn't entirely count. My mom though, she had me younger than was good for her. So, between that and her being long-lived in general, she is a hundred years old. She is relatively spry for her age. But her mind, that was slipping in and out of time long before she needed to be in a home. If she says something strange, don't worry about it. She does it a lot."

"No problem. I am honored that you are willing to let me meet her or know where she is at all."

"Yeah. You are the only person that I have brought here. Ever. So don't tell anyone, right?"

"I won't. Even if we don't remain friends, your mom is off limits."

He pulls into the parking lot of a very posh nursing home. This place looks like it could be a fancy country club. He leads the way, pushing a button near the front door to be allowed entrance. The nurse at the desk nods a greeting, "She's been really quiet lately. All there, but very quiet. It's a little spooky."