Chapter 10 - Jasmine

I wake to Mikael hovering, which is odd since his usual MO is to avoid me. "Can I help you?"

"How do you feel?"

"Like you're hovering and I just woke up. Give me some space, jeez."

He scoots back almost a whole inch on the bed. "I wasn't sure. I wasn't sure you would wake up. I couldn't be certain that I got you in time."

Shit. He was concerned for me. I'm an asshole. I sit up, marveling at how easy this is as a vampire. "You got me in time, I am fine. You did good," I say as I reach over and give him a hug. He wraps his arms around me and drags me into his lap. Hmm, this is nice, I could cuddle up here and relax for a while. But that might give him the wrong idea, I still don't want a relationship with him. Even if he does rail me right.

I start to squirm after a few moments, "Listen, I need to get dressed. And I am feeling a little peckish."

"Can you ever forgive me?"

I lean back to look at him, "What? Forgive you for what?"

"For turning you."

My eyes roll before I can stop them, "Oh for fuck's sake. How are you still on about this? I wanted to be a vampire. You did exactly what I hoped you would do." I crawl out of his lap and go back to my box, now on the floor. Picking it up I go back to searching for the panties and the bra.

"I need to tell you the reason why I stopped turning anyone." He looks very serious as I put on my panties.

I decide laughter is probably not the best reaction so I tell him, "Go ahead. It probably isn't as terrible as you think it is."

"We'll see if you still feel that way after. I was turned," I tip my head because he feels like he lied just there but what could be a lie about being turned? I pay more attention as he continues, "as a way to take my estates from me. A wizard had my wife murdered and had me turned so that I could find her again. I became this and he became the new lord of my manor. I was angry for a long time and I vowed I would get my revenge on him. It took many years of waiting, watching, and building my own army, but I attacked and took the castle. Then I hunted him down and drank my fill of his blood. My fill was when he died."

I nod as I pull the crop top over my head, "Can't say I blame you. I assume you loved the wife, it sounds like you did right by her in death if not in life."

He nods, "Yes, I did. But, taking the wizard's life had an effect."

"Wait, is that why you can be in the sun?"

"Yes, that is one of the things that came from it. I also can do some magic, probably more if I trained at it."

"That is pretty cool in my opinion." I tell him as I shimmy into the pleather skirt I ordered. I already know what kind of job I will be going after and this is exactly the right outfit to get me hired. I'll need to visit a drugstore for some makeup. "Can you change my hair color?"

He looks up at me, "What?"

"The magic, is it useful? Can you change my hair color with it?"

"Yes, probably? But that isn't the point. The point of this deep confession," he glares at me, brows down and his little mouth pouty, "is that the magic is against the laws of nature, with it I am doubly cursed and I may have passed this curse on to you."

He is really serious about this. Oh boy. Don't laugh Jasmine. Giggle later. "I forgive you, and I absolve you of all responsibility for this as it was something I was pushing to have happen. It's all my fault really. You should probably be mad at me."