Chapter 41: Deadly Picnic

Taehyung's POV

It's been six months since everything happened. I'm still having to get used to only being able to see from one eye. It's harder than I expected, but Jungkook has been by my side every single second of every single day. He walks by my left side to protect me since I can't see anything to my left.

I'm still going to physical therapy and seeing a psychiatrist. There are nightmares that haunt me every night, but Jungkook quickly wraps me in his arms and tells me that everything is ok.

Luckily for me, the shareholders are terrified of me. Noona now has all of Minjun's shares of the company. He had bought several of the shares to try and overthrow our father.

"Baby, do you want to go to the park today?" Jungkook softly asks me as he cuddles me in his arms. I just woke up from another nightmare.

"Hmm, that would be nice." I smile and look up into his loving gaze. I wonder if it is weird to look at me now. Do both of my eyes shine when I look at him like they used to? Does my left eye look dead to him?

"Baby, what are you thinking about?" He asks with concern in his voice.

"I'm just afraid that it's weird to look at me." I answer quietly and look away because I feel like crying. I've been crying so much. I feel like a burden to him.

"Look at me. You are still beautiful. Both of your eyes shine. Your eyes are beautiful." He smiles and gently kisses both of my eyes.

"I love you so much." I cry and bury my face in his chest.

"I love you too." He lovingly hums and gently rubs my back. 

"I'll get better soon. I promise. I've never been weak like this." I sniffle and hold onto him, my anchor and reason to live.

"You are not weak. You finally have someone to depend on. You feel safe, so your walls are down. Knowing this makes me proud. You feel safe enough to be vulnerable around me." Jungkook softly whispers and lovingly kisses the crown of my head.

"Let's go to the park." I smile and look up at him as he dries my tears.

"Ok."

When we reach the park by the Han River, everything is beautiful. The birds are chirping. The flowers are blooming and beautifully swaying in the wind. Children are laughing and playing. The warm sun is sparkling on the river. Spring is here.

"Let's go to your favorite tree." Jungkook smiles as we grab the chairs from the back of our car.

"That sounds perfect." I grin and follow him as we walk to the beautiful tree thats leaves are gently swaying in the spring breeze.

Once the chairs are set up, we sit down and pull out our headphones. As our separate music plays and fills our worlds, we hold hands and close our eyes. Everything about this moment is perfect.

A gentle tap on my shoulder startles me, so I jump out of my chair and stare at the startled delivery man.

"I am so sorry to disturb you. Here is the food you ordered." He quickly apologizes and bows as he hands me the food.

"It's ok." I smile and take the food then watch him quickly scurry off.

"Are you ok?" Jungkook softly asks and gently pulls me into his lap.

"I'm ok. He just startled me." I hum and look through the food Jungkook ordered for us. "Today is better than the last time I came here. Did you know that the last time I was here was when you prepared everything for me all those years ago?"

"I didn't realize that was the last time. So much has happened since then." He hums and buries his face between my shoulder blades.

"I'm so much happier this time because you are here with me. When I was here alone, I hoped that someday you would be here with me." I explain and turn around and straddle him.