Chapter 35: My Truth

Hyunjin's POV
I can't believe what I just found out. Chairman Kim is my older brother. My oldest brother is trying to kill him. My biological father is Park. My mother was a mistress before being kicked out because she got pregnant with me. My mother betrayed her best friend to protect my sister and me. Chairman Kim suffered because of me. His hell was because of me. It's my fault.

"Hyunie, what are you thinking about?" Hyung's soft voice pulls my out of my thoughts.

"Just everything that I found out today." I mumble and look down at his hand that is gently resting on my thigh.

"None of what happened is your fault."

"How did you know I was thinking that?" I ask in surprise and reach out for his hand.

"Your eyes say it all." Hyung softly smiles and brushes my hair out of my face.

"Hmm. I'm glad that you can read my eyes. People often say they wish they knew what was going on in my head since I usually don't talk." I close my eyes and nuzzle my face into his warm hand.

"Your eyes are the window to your soul. You hold all of your emotions in your beautiful eyes." Hyung's words cause my heart to flutter and my breath to hitch.

"I love you." I breathlessly whisper and kiss his hand.

"I love you too." He smiles and gently leans over to me and kisses me.

His lips taste like a sweetness that I can never get enough of. He's always gentle and loving with every kiss. Our every kiss causes butterflies to flutter in my stomach and mind.

The moment he pulls me into his lap and deepens the kiss, his phone rings. I pull away with a giggle and snuggle my face in the crook of his neck while he chuckles and grabs his phone.

"Jihwa, what is it?" That name that he just said, I've heard him say it before. "You want to meet up? Hmm ok. I have time today. Yeah I'll see you in an hour. Bye."

"Is everything ok?" I ask and kiss his nose.

"Yeah. Are you free for the rest of the day?" He answers and gently smiles up at me.

"I am. Where are we going?" I ask and gently rest my forehead against his.

"She wants to meet at a cafe. Does that work with you?"

"It works with me." I smile and kiss him.

"I'll go with you two." Detective hyung tells us when he walks into the living room.

"Ok that works with me." Hyung answers and smiles at Detective hyung.

Once we are ready to go to the cafe, we get into the car, and Detective hyung drives.

"Is she ok?" I ask and play with Hyung's fingers.

"I don't know. She didn't say." He softly answers and lifts my hand to his lips and gently kisses me.

When we arrive at the cafe, a very pretty woman our age is waiting outside of the cafe. The moment she sees Hyung, she waves with a big smile. She is absolutely gorgeous and definitely in Hyung's league. Looking at her makes me realize that I am definitely not in Hyung's league.

"Hyunie, stop thinking. You are the one I love." Hyung softly whispers and pulls me out of my thoughts. He really does know who I am.

"Oppa, it's been a while." She smiles and reaches out to hug Hyung.

"It has. I've been busy." The tone of voice he uses with her is so different than how he talks to me. With me, his voice is gentle and soft. With her, he sounds cold and curt.