🔞 Chapter 22: The Orchard

Jungkook's POV

The drive is very quiet as Taehyung's eyes swirl with various emotions. I just want to scoop him into my arms and hide him from everything. I am sure that is what his mother wished for him in her last moments.

As he drives, his hand is clenched in his lap, so I reach over and hold his hand in mine. I hear a shaky breath leave him as his fingers intertwine with mine.

"Baby, I'm here. Tell me what's on your mind." I whisper and kiss his hand.

"I tried to transform that hell into something beautiful, but it still terrifies me to go there." Taehyung whispers and glances over at me.

"Is it the mansion?" I softly ask and rub my thumb over his hand.

"Yes." Taehyung breathes out and scrunches his forehead in concentration.

"I don't remember much that happened after I was shot. All that I remember is being shot again then being dragged out of the basement and up some stairs. I was then thrown into the incinerator. I couldn't move. I was terrified that would be the last time that I ever got to see you. I was afraid that I would never get to tell you how much I loved you again. I had so many regrets. I didn't get you the fluffy dog or ask you to be with me forever. All that I could do was choke on my blood and sobs.

Then the door opened and someone dragged me out. I lost consciousness then. When I woke up, I was chained to an underground hospital while being treated by some doctor who had probably lost his license for doing something illegal or unethical. I remember Minjun being excited about having me in his cage because he knew that I would be a good fighter since I was one of his father's playthings. While everything was happening, all that I could think about was that I had a chance of seeing you again. From that moment, I fought to live. I had to live. You were waiting for me." I softly explain and watch as tears stream down my beautiful lover's face. He needs to know what happened so he can heal.

"I tried to kill myself. In my unconscious state, I dreamed of being with you again. Little did I know, if I had succeeded, I would never have seen you again and would have shattered you." My Tae sobs and parks the car then leans his forehead against the steering wheel.

As Taehyung cries, I look around and realize that we have arrived, so I get out of the car and walk over to Taehyung's side. When I open the door, he jumps out and pulls me into a tight hug and buries his face in the crook of my neck. I quickly wrap my arms around him and pull him closer to me.

"It's ok. Everything is ok, now." I whisper and press kisses onto his head.

"I had a really nice cabin built here." Taehyung sniffles as he pulls away.

"Show it to me." I smile and wrap and arm around his waist as we begin walking to the large cabin.

This place looks completely different than before. Taehyung really destroyed everything. He got rid of every trace of that monster.

"It's beautiful." I whisper as he opens the door of the large cabin.

"I think that she'll be comfortable here." Taehyung mutters as he looks around the brand new cabin.

"She will be safe and comfortable, but I am sure that she will be scared." I answer and gently rub his back.

"Of course she'll be scared. She's getting kidnapped by the enemy of her lover." Taehyung answers and leads me around the cabin.

"All is fair in love and war." I shrug and follow him to the different rooms.

"I figured that we could stay here with her. She'll hate us for sure, but we'll make sure that she stays safe." Taehyung suggests and opens a room that is decorated similarly to our room in our apartment.