Chapter 13: Evidence

Taehyung's POV

As I wake up, I feel Jungkook softly kissing my face. When I open my eyes, his beautiful eyes are already smiling at me. Yesterday was a long day, so I am sure that I slept a long time.

"Morning, Baby." Jungkook whispers and pecks my lips.

"Morning, Koo." I instantly smile and latch my arms around him.

"Hobi hyung called and said that he has sent that obnoxious board member's envelope to the police and many news companies. It should be plastered everywhere by now." Jungkook informs me while rubbing my back.

"He must be tired. I need to thank him." I smile and snuggle into Jungkook's warm embrace.

"He's asleep right now. I am sure that he will not be happy to be woken up." Jungkook softly chuckles and pulls me closer.

"It was so nice to see Hyunjin yesterday at the ice cream shop." I smile as I remember seeing my little brother after that hellish board meeting.

"He looks really happy. I am glad to see that he has friends in the news arena." Jungkook points out which causes me to remember the tall man with him.

"Hmm. I should look into that Choi Yeonjun. He seemed to be interested in Hyunjin." I mutter and sit up.

"He's the only son to the Choi family. They own a large conglomerate. You are likely to meet them soon. He seems to be a good kid. He doesn't get himself into drama nor does he have countless relationships. However, he does have a girlfriend right now." Jungkook tells me as he gets up and grabs the file he has created on Yeonjun.

"When do you sleep?" I mumble and open the file.

"Yoongi hyung created a profile on each of the five reporters from yesterday." Jungkook chuckles then sits down next to me and pulls me into his lap.

"Oh that's good then." I smile and lean into Jungkook's firm chest.

"Other than the girlfriend, he seems fine. Oh, the girlfriend is arranged by the families. Interesting." I murmur as I go through the file. He seems like a good person.

As I look over the file, Jungkook's phone rings, so my warm seat goes away. I pout as I watch him walk off with a serious look on his face. I don't like that look. Something is going on.

"Yoongi is coming over." Jungkook tells me when he walks back into our room.

"Is everything ok?" I ask as worry begins to fog my mind.

"Minjun just made his first move." Jungkook mumbles and sits down then pulls me into his lap again.

"What did he do?" I ask and cup Jungkook's face in my hands.

"He sent a bunch of pictures to the police, but Minhyuk is the one who intercepted them." Jungkook explains and rests his head on my shoulder.

When Yoongi hyung arrives, Minhyuk and Kihyun are with him. The others are at work, so we don't call them. Hobi hyung looks rather sleepy though as he sips on the coffee Jungkook made.

"So, what happened?" Hobi hyung asks once he looks somewhat awake.

"This was left at the precinct. Luckily, I got to work early today and snatched it." Minhyuk explains and hands an envelope with photos of Jungkook from the time he was forced to fight.

"What the fuck?!" I hiss as I stare at the photos in anger.

"I think that we should release an official statement, stating that Jungkook was rescued during the raid. I think that we should just have a general statement from the police about the people who were rescued from the raid. We originally hid Jungkook because he didn't have an official identity, but now he is your bodyguard and lover." Yoongi hyung suggests as I angrily look through the pictures.