Chapter Seven

Harris POV

"Artie, I don't know what to do." I sighed.

"Do whatever makes you happy my dear."

In the past five years that I've known Artie, he always has the same answer for everything...

"What did she even write on the note?" He asked, putting down his newspaper to look at me.

I pulled the crumpled note from my pocket and handed it to him.

'Dear Harris,

I sincerely apologise if I have made you uncomfortable. It most certainly wasn't my intention to do that thing I did.
Not that I haven't been thinking about it for the past couple months...
Anyway, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me because it's gonna be torment if you still bloody hate me.
You can be a right bitch when you don't like someone.
No offence...

Sincerely yours.'

"Well, she seems... quite ballsy to be honest." He turned to me.

"How do you mean?"

"You clearly like the woman or you would have done something about her calling you a bitch."

"She does that all the time." I rolled my eyes.

It's the only bloody flaw she has and even then it turns me on...

He gave me a knowing look, "Why not just give it a chance?"

"I'm not jeopardising her reputation just because I fancy her. Do you have any idea how it would make her look if people found out we were doing anything?"

I rested my head in my hands like a lovesick teenager.

"Well, how about you start being nice to her? Is she even doing anything to wind you up?"

"Yes."

He raised his eyebrow sarcastically.

"Fine. No. But she's just too perfect. She's even being really polite and respecting me a lot more. Even after I pushed her away."

I groaned in frustration, "God I'm such a horrible human being. I was the one that told her I wanted to kiss her. All she did was give me her consent."

"Well at least you know she likes you otherwise she wouldn't have done that." He shrugged, shaking his newspaper back up.

Artie's right, she did give me permission and she did kiss me back...

And oh my god was that a kiss.

It took my whole soul away it was so amazing

"You're what thirty-something now? You deserve to have someone to make you happy."

He's got a point, I am getting on a bit... And I've never felt this way about anyone before

She's just... I can't even describe her.

She's just different to everyone else I guess. There's something special about her.

Maybe it's her eyes. Or her lips.

God those lips... I'd give anything to...

"You're drooling," Artie said, flipping to the next page.

"You know what, you're right. I'm going to apologise." I said proudly.

"Congratulations, now hurry up and go get your girl because she won't be waiting around for your grumpy ass." He laughed.

Damn, I really needed this family day...

I got up from my seat and practically ran out of the restaurant. Good job I put her on surveillance with Anna.

No accidental run-ins am I right?