I hate myself for loving u

Start from the beginning

"Do you guys want me to pick you up?" I hope I don't regret this.

"Finally, you let yourself see, Munson."

"Yes or no, Gareth, before I change my mind."

"Yes, damn it. I hope this takes off that bitching attitude of yours."

——-

Hanna O'Connell

Steve wouldn't let me get in the car unless I was in the passenger seat beside him. While sitting beside him, I could feel a lot of tension, I could see his brain running a mile per second.

The rest of the group was squeezed into the back seat. Dustin was sitting between Robyn holding Ruby in her legs and Lucas.

"Are we there yet, Stevie?" Ruby asks as she was resting her hands on Steve's seat while she played with his hair.

Steve smiles at her nickname, I don't know who is more fascinated with the other. Ruby because she has such a crush on him, or Steve dying of cuteness with her.

"Yes, we are almost there, little Ruby."

The Wheeler house. The only member of the Wheeler family I know is Mike because of the boys and Eddie but I don't know him very well to tell the truth. I've heard about Nancy, the girl who broke Steve's heart, even if he doesn't say it like that, but Robyn told me everything.

Steve turned to the right to get inside a vicinity where houses in a little more sophisticated style stood. We parked in front of a house with two floors and multiple windows. The first floor was made of breaks of different tones of maroon, while the second floor had whiteboards.

Steve didn't dare to turn to look at the house, he was looking at the steering wheel as if his life depended on it.

"I'll go for Mike." Dustin offers.

"But you are in the middle, how are you..." Sinclair didn't finish his sentence as Dustin leaned over him to open the door and crawl over him to get out.

"Like that," Dustin says as he stood outside the car.

I shake my head with a smile on my lips.

"Come on, Ruby, let go with Dustin." I indicate as I undo my seatbelt. I open my door to get out, then I open Ruby's door to help her get off Robyn's lap.

I walk by the hand with Ruby towards Dustin, who was impertinently waiting in front of the door of the house.

I hear the car of a door close so I stop to turn around. To my surprise, Steve got out of the car and now he was walking towards us, even though you could see he wasn't comfortable at all as he kept his hand inside his frontal jeans pocket with his sight at the floor.

Once he reaches Ruby and me, he stops walking and I take the chance to lean over Ruby that stood between us, and whisper to him. "You could have stayed in the car."

He didn't say a word and just walked toward Dustin, Ruby and I follow behind.

When the four of us stood in front of the door, Dustin rang the doorbell. The door was opened by a girl my age, with a perm, blue eyes, a button nose, and dressed like a preppy girl.

She looked at me the most since I'm a face she has never seen before.

Steve cleared his throat. "Hanna, this is Nancy, Mike's sister." We softly smiled at each other, there was something uncomfortable in the air.

"Hi, where is Mike?" Dustin like always went straight to the point.

"I don't know, but come on in guys, I'll see why is he taking so long." As Nancy makes space for us to step into the house, Steve placed his hand on my middle back as we walk inside.