T W E N T Y F I V E

Start bij het begin

"You aren't, you just have a bigger appetite than usual huh?" I love to eat but I can get full fast, so it's hard to hide that symptom especially when you used to get full fast.

"Yeah, I didn't eat breakfast" I did eat breakfast. Alex made me pancakes and I devoured them because that white boy can cook.

The family dinner is awkward in itself but the least chaotic I've ever had. Eventually, my family head back but Alex's parents decide they want to stay and help clean.

"So how are you feeling Iv?" Camille asks me while putting the dishes up.

"Good just sleepy" She just hms while closing the cabinet.

"There's some extra mash left on the table, you want any?" God those mashed potatoes make me feel sick.

"No I'm not feeling the best for mash" I bite my tongue. Nausea is not the best feeling.

"Are you sure? You love my mash" His father steps in, and I feel like they're testing me.

"No Yeah I love it still but I just got over food poisoning" Yeah Ivy because after you devoured your plate and everyone else's you can't eat mash.

"Okay well we'll leave it in the fridge he walks past me but Camille is stills staring.

"Ivy, are you feeling okay?" She puts her hand on top of mine and I immediately nod.

"I feel great, just getting the itis" Why am I sucking so hard at lying? I lie about so many things but I've never lied about being pregnant, well I've never been pregnant before.

"Are you sure because you told me it was a stomach bug not food poisoning" Shit. I knew that I was off.

"Same thing" I shrug turning away from her.

I don't make any more small talk, instead of further trashing myself  I decided to just rush up the stairs and hide in my room till they leave.

A L E X

"Is Ivy okay?" My mom asks while I clean the table.

"Yep" Just that she's seven weeks pregnant now.

"She just seems a little sick ya know. She loves my mash and she always eats them and she barely even touched any" Here she goes with the damn mashed potatoes.

"Maybe they looked a little dry and flavorless" I shrug and walk past her and I can feel her frustration rising.

"I think Ivy is pregnant" She randomly throws in and my dad spits out his drink.

"What?" He puts the glass down and looks between us.

"Why the hell do you think she's pregnant Camille?" How the hell do I respond to this?

"I was sensitive to some foods when I was pregnant, it's just a guess" I have to get defensive now.

"Ivy and I always use protection, she practically snorts her birth control and I always use condoms and we have a whole stock of plan B's, so no she is not pregnant!" I walk up the steps while shouting at them.

I've never told so many lies in a sentence. The one time we used a condom was on the plane two years ago and we've been winging it since.

When I get inside the bathroom Ivy is laying flat on the floor again.

"Ivy you could have just told me to turn on the air" I start to rub my foot on her butt and she just laughs.

"I don't like the way my body's been feeling and I don't know if it's supposed to feel this way" She sits up.