Chapter 34: Victory

"Hm...Your mentor seems much more difficult to appease then mine," Akutagawa connected his lips. Suddenly, black belts wrapped Atsushi's body and Akutagawa smirked. "This is the way out. If you lose like this, I won't ever forgive you!"

~~~~~~~~

As he was humming Tchaikovsky's melody from the song Black Swan, Ivan walked sharply away from the two boys, whom he had left to their fate, which he himself had sealed for them. At least that was what he thought, until he heard a flick of something in the distance and then footsteps, which sound gradually disappeared.

He immediately turned around and his eyes couldn't believe what they were seeing. One of his enemies - the tiger boy was no longer in quicksand and was nowhere to be found. But what surprised Ivan the most was the fact that together with the tiger, also the space in the ground where he was standing disappeared.

His eyes widened in despair and began to look around when he suddenly sensed someone's presence behind him and immediately turned around, to see tiger boy behind him, all in black. Atsushi's movements were much more agile and violent than before he put on Akutagawa's coat. On his face there was only a glare and no pity for the enemy.

Ivan immediately chased after Atsushi with the stone fist he had created with the help of his ability, but Atsushi jumped sharply and slashed it with his right hand, which was boosted with Rashomon. The fist immediately disintegrated, and its regeneration did not begin, whereupon Ivan was even more surprised, anger began to circulate in his veins.

"Impossible...why isn't my stone regenerating?! Has his ability boosted somehow?" he yelled.

"Most people don't know this," on Akutagawa's face an insidious smirk took it's place, "but a tiger's claws have their exceptional tearing power, I was convinced by that by myself, when he cut through my Rashomon. When that cutting power is augmented by my ability, it can tear through both, physical armor and abilities. It becomes a divine sword against which there is no way of defense," Atsushi was preparing himself for a final attack, as Akutagawa was talking.

"Akutagawa, let's go! We have to defeat him!" Atsushi yelled at his teammate, who seemed annoyed, as tiger boy judged also by his response: "Don't tell me what to do!"

~ time skip - Dazai and Y/N ~

"What do you mean? So Dostoyevsky is gone?" you almost yelled at Dazai, who was intensively thinking about something. You coughed another blood, ignoring it.

"Y/N-chan... judging by the Kunikida's phone call with Atsushi, from what I've heard...he was actually never in there," Dazai explained, "I can't believe it. He managed to fool me like that."

"There's no connection between this mine and outside world so how could he-" Kunikida was cut off by Dazai's smirk. He knew that Dazai has an idea. And that wasn't good.

Suddenly, both of the guys got distracted by a mark of virus above your face. You glared at it, but then it disappeared. "The virus... it's gone!" you screamed in excitement.

"God...yes!" Kunikida almost smiled too. You chuckled about it and high fived him.

"Y/N-chan, now that you're feeling better, you're going with me!" Dazai almost sang, interrupting your wave of happiness. You raised your brows. "Why would I go anywhere with you?"

"We're going to capture the demon, sweetheart." 

~ time skip ~

Around 3pm, you and Dazai were sitting in a building of a café, Dazai was calmly sipping a tea. You only were giving him a glare, not paying attention to another person who you two were with. You just tried not to. They were reading a newspaper and were basically hid behind them so it wasn't that hard. You  just couldn't understand that why does Dazai always have to team up with enemies?