Chapter 8: Signs, that he cares

For the first time ever, you saw  Akutagawa just like an ordinary guy, not like a murderer. Of course some little trip can't change who he is but he sure showed up a little of his kindness and you were grateful even for that because for the first time you were able to see a good in him and this was the moment that you definitely didn't want to ever forget, because something like that definitely worth remembering.

At least for you.

~~~~~~~~

When you woke up next morning, Akutagawa wasn't in bed. You looked around and found out that his coat is also gone, so that could only mean he left the apartment. After thinking a little about it, you also decided to  take a walk around.

'He didn't say anything about that I can't leave the apartment only by myself. Besides, I am bored.'

After quick shower you put on clean clothes and left the bedroom. You took a look around, but the apartment was all quiet. There wasn't any sign of someone being home.

'When I think about it, I haven't even met his sister yet and we live in the same apartment. That's weird. The only time I remember she was home was when I had my first training. Whatever, I can ask Akutagawa about that later.'

Carefully, you left the apartment and started walking forward, without trying to make any noise. The whole building was plunged into a silence, until you could hear someone's footsteps in a dark hallway. Immediately, you froze, hoping, it's not Akutagawa.

'Should I run away? No, I can't, It would be too suspicious. Whatever, I'll try to stay calm...'

"Huh? You're... Akutagawa's girlfriend, right?! Yeah, it's you!" the short guy started yelling at the moment he saw you. Your brows lifted up in surprise.

"You're that guy from yesterday who scolded Akutagawa," you crossed your arms.

"So what about it? Are you gonna kick my ass?" he laughed about it.

"Damn...Sorry, bud, kicking your ass takes some time and you're really not worth it. The only guy who's worth my time is Akutagawa, for real."

"Huh?! That idiot? What a pain in the ass. Are you sure you don't wanna change your mind? I mean, you're kinda pretty and maybe we could hang out. Or maybe we could go somewhere for a drink, what do you say?" he walked closer towards you. You really hated when men were like this, especially when it came to a drinks. And, besides, from what you've heard from Dazai, you knew that this guy has really trouble with getting hold of himself, when it comes to alcohol. 

"I-I think I'll pass," you stuttered and stepped back from him.

"Oh, c-mon, are you sure? It would be fun," he was trying to convince you, but you knew how it would end. And well you never know what a mafioso wants from you.

"Actually, I think I should head back so," you were trying to get away, but suddenly, his hand grabbed your wrist. He pulled you into his direction, then pushed your back against the wall.

"Let go of me!" you yelled at him. But well, you knew it's useless, he won't listen to you.

"All I want is to hang out with you. Why do you keep refusing?" his hand touched your thigh. You were about to kick him away but suddenly, Chuuya was grabbed by some black belts and thrown away.

"Back off, Chuuya," you heard his calm voice.

"You bastard, what do you think, you're doing, huh?!!" Chuuya was enraged to the point of insanity, but Akutagawa didn't make a big deal out of it, or at least he didn't seem like it.