Chapter 11: Untold feelings

You didn't finish your sentence because in shock, you couldn't. Everything happened just so fast that you haven't even realized it, until you felt a sharp pain on your cheek and your face tilted to the side. You couldn't believe it at first, but it happened. He really hit you. And there was not the least sign in his face that he was in any way bothered or troubled by it. He looked as he always did - calm, even eerily calm.

"I said shut up. No one's interested in listening to your bullshits."

~~~~~~~~

Three weeks have passed since that incident. None of you talked about it anymore, you just didn't want to think about it anymore and even if it didn't seem like it, Akutagawa felt the same way.

Only God knows what it's like between you two at the moment, your everyday life is only about training every morning and then you don't just talk much, you just try respect each other and give each other space. But well, on training, he treats you terribly, he doesn't even care if you get hurt or not, he just fights you normally. However, you yourself noticed little progress in your fighting style with him. But he was no longer interested in that. He was cold to you since then and kept yelling at you. But he didn't hit you again or physically hurt you in any way. He just didn't dare to do that again.

But the next thing was that you noticed that he had changed somehow. You couldn't figure out how, but you just knew that something was different about him. Yes, it was also his behavior towards you, but you understood that, because he was still mad, but it was also something else, something that only he knew about, but he was refusing to talk about his worries with anyone, least of all with you.

~~~~~~~~

"Okay. I've really had enough. Why is it like this between us?!" your hand nervously banged on the closet door, trying to get his attention. But unfortunately, he didn't even turn around and just walked out of the room and then just left the apartment without even telling you where he was going and what he was going to do. And so you were lonely again. Yes, you felt lonely even before, but Akutagawa treated you differently, so you didn't complain. But now everything was so...sad.

"What? You're at home? How? Didn't you leave with my brother just now?" the most beautiful woman you have ever seen suddenly walked into a bedroom. You looked at her in amazement. She was wearing black dress  her hair was also black and she was smiling at you.

"Y-you are Akutagawa's...sister?" you slowly stuttered. She just laughed. "Yes, I am. My name is Gin. And yours?" "I-I'm Y/N." "Such a pretty name," she gave you a smile, but then she checked a clock and in shock, she quickly said 'goodbye' and left the apartment. So now you knew you were all by yourself.

You flopped onto a bed with a sigh and curled up into a ball. You were lying motionless like that for a while but then your hand wandered to Akutagawa's side of the bed and stroked it. You missed him for some reason. You missed him a lot even though you two were living in the same room. You missed talking to him, you missed his care for you, you missed everything about him. It all felt as if a deep chasm has suddenly formed between you. It was strange, but above all it was wrong.

You suddenly felt a few tears on your cheeks, but let them fall freely on the pillow. In a moment it was clear that you were crying. Your sobs echoed throughout the room and your pillow was all wet. However, gradually you started feeling more and more tired, and after intense crying you finally fell asleep, still clutching the sheet on his side of the bed with one hand.

~~~~~~~~

When Akutagawa came back it was already almost midnight. Quietly, he opened the door to his bedroom, seeing that you were already asleep. But he looked shocked when he saw your hand on his side of bed.