Chapter 24: Let's prepare for a mission

"Let's just not talk anymore," you suggested and rested your head on his shoulder. You felt his body tensed up a bit, but you chose not to pay attention to it. You just wanted to enjoy his presence until you parted again. And you had a feeling that it would happen soon.

"I agree," Akutagawa whispered and pulled you closer, his hand caressing your back.

~~~~~~~~

As the time flew, you kept fullfiling the missions with Chuuya or Motojirou, you haven't met Akutagawa anymore, since the incident from three weeks. Still, you missed him. You wanted to be with him, hug him again...but you couldn't. All you could do was just remain silent and obey the orders from Mori.

"Y/N, I got a mission in New York. Some kind of business trip I guess. I'll be leaving tonight, be gone till Saturday. I hope it won't drag on, I really don't want to stay there longer than necessary," Chuuya told you, as he came back from Mori. You were surprised, but also, you were jealous. Chuuya always was traveling somewhere, because he was an executive.

"Can I go with youu?" you started staring at him with puppy eyes. However, he refused.

"Mori-san told me he has a mission for you too. You should head to his office. I'm going to pack my stuff. See ya," he waved at you and you only heard the door slam.

A sigh escaped from your mouth. You hated when you had to go to see Mori in person but well sometimes it was necessary. You tied up your hair and changed your clothes, then you headed to his office. Your fingers knocked and his deep voice invited you in.

You carefully stepped inside and stood opposite him, your eyes immediately spotted Elise. "You called for me, Mori?"

The man who you hated so much gave you a smirk, then started talking.

"Yes, I did. I have a mission for you. You remember that son of our sponsors, right? It turned out that his father is trying to dethrone me from inside of the organisation. That's why I want you to assassinate his son. In a quite way, if possible."

Your brows lifted up.

"How am I supposed to do that? Any details?"

"Yes. He is going on a kind of party. I want you to go there and kill him. In a discrete and quiet way. Sure you know that he is interested in you. That's why I want you to use your charm and if possible, I want you to seduce him. Than kill him. Simple, isn't it?"

Your eyes widened. Was he serious? You've never had sex and now you were supposed to seduce a man whom you met once? Is he serious?

"B-but Mori! How am I supposed to use my charm?! What the hell?!"

Suddenly a knock interrupted you and Mori smirked. "Come in!"

Immediately, your body was filled with butterflies when you saw that person who entered the room. It was Akutagawa.

"Welcome, Akutagawa-kun. Y/N-chan, I am sure you remember what happened on your first mission. I want to prevent it, that's why you need a partner. You and Akutagawa-kun are going on that party together. I have the invitations, don't worry. End of discussion. Don't forget about what I told you, Y/N-chan. Do it quietly and quickly. I rely on you two."

Your emotions suddenly exploded, you couldn't get hold of your temper anymore.

"Why do I have to go with Akutagawa?!!!"

"Chuuya-kun left on a business trip, as you know. The only one who I can rely on except Chuuya-kun is him. He agreed with that, so you have to obey. I hope the mission will be successful," Mori was still smirking at you.