Chapter 15: Our first mission together

However, Akutagawa could not easily fall asleep after this. Did he really say that? And is this feeling even real? Does he really want to touch you? What exactly does he mean by that?!

~~~~~~~~

Another few days passed, none of you talked about what Akutagawa said. He was glad that you didn't want to talk about it, but on the other hand, he couldn't stop thinking about his words. On his way back from Mori's office, Akutagawa was quite nervous about the order he received. Mori gave you two your first mission as partners, however, he still was afraid, that you could escape and leave him.

As soon as he got back, he checked on you and he was glad you weren't asleep because he hated when has to wake you up. His back leaned against the wall and he was listening to the sound of water from bathroom. His eyes closed and he again, got lost in his thoughts, until the water stopped and you interrupted him.

"Oh...h-hey, uhm. Y-you're back. How was the meeting?" you were blushing, because you only was wearing your towel. Akutagawa looked at you and swallowed, trying to ignore the fact that under that towel you're not wearing anything. He turned his head away from you and waited until you grabbed the clothes you forgot before you got into a shower, then, he answered: "Y/N...we have a mission. Get ready fast."

"We have what?!" you were so shocked that you almost dropped the towel, but then Akutagawa just forced you to go back in, so you could put on your clothes. When you were done, you met him by a front door. He gave you some weapons he had at home, basically he borrowed them from Gin.

Then, he made a quick phone call with some woman, you could hear her voice. "We're meeting her at the exit." "Who?" you asked. "My subordinate, Higuchi. I haven't seen her in quite a long time, well I was busy with your training. She'll tell us what exactly our orders are."

'So it's a girl. Maybe his girlfriend?'

"She's your girlfriend?" you asked, quietly. "What? Her? Oh, God no. I would never date her," he answered, and you just had that feeling he's telling the truth, after all, he's been completely honest with you since you started living together. But the question was, if Akutagawa would ever date a woman.

Slowly, you walked after him, until you saw a blonde haired woman, smiling at Akutagawa. "It's been two months, senpai. Where have you been?"

'Senpai?'

"Busy with boss's order. Higuchi, meet
Y/N. She's my new partner in battle. Y/N, this is Higuchi." You waved at blondie, who started measuring you with her eyes. She just couldn't believe that another woman, other than her and Gin is already in her Senpai's life.

"Higuchi Ichiou," she handled you her hand, with glaring on her face. "Y/N L/N."

"So, Higuchi? What exactly is our mission?" Akutagawa's voice interrupted her glaring and she immediately started talking about something. From her acting, it was more then obvious that she has a crush on Akutagawa.

'He really didn't notice? Tch. Men are just blind. Especially him.'

"So basically, we only have to stop some group of people, who are trying to steal our weapons from us, right?" Akutagawa made it all clear and then, his eyes turned on you: "This is easy, don't mess up." "Oh, and Kaiji is already there," Higuchi informed. "Huh? The Boom Boom guy?" "Boss thinks that his bombs could be useful. Besides, from what I've heard, there's too many of them so..."

"I got this," Akutagawa turned to you and you nodded. Really, you just couldn't mess this up, otherwise Akutagawa would be mad at you again.

~~~~~~~~

When you got to a place, you started being nervous. Akutagawa noticed it and immediately came after you. Higuchi was trying to listen to your conversation.