Chapter 12: Things are getting better (maybe?)

Akutagawa just exhaled and then, he headed to his sister's room, angry with himself. There was no way he intended for you to fight even more, but he just couldn't apologize. He had no idea how. And that exactly was the point. He was aware that without his apology things just couldn't work again.

~~~~~~~~

Akutagawa was slowly walking down the dark hallway, making his way to Mori's office. In the morning he received a phone call that he needed to speak with him. To tell the truth, he wasn't looking forward to it at all and moreover, he hated the atmosphere of his office.

As he was slowly approaching the door, the voice of the person he just couldn't stand lately could be heard from afar. A sigh escaped his mouth, but he knocked on the door, because he had to listen to the orders after all.

"Akutagawa-kun, come in!"

The voice he hated so much called him in and he had no choice but to obey. As soon as he entered the dark office, he saw Chuuya sitting next to Mori. His eyes immediately rolled 360 degrees, but he preferred not to show how annoyed he was by the whole thing. He kind of knew why he was actually called here. He figured out as his eyes met Chuuya's.

"Good morning, Boss."

"Good morning, Akutagawa-kun. Do you know why I called you here?" Mori's fingers came together in the shape of a canopy as he smiled at him.

"I have no idea," he lied a little, because he already had some idea.

"What do you mean you have no idea?!! You bastard!" immediately, Chuuya joined the conversation. He seemed somehow displeased with Akutagawa's answer to the question.

"Chuuya-kun, calm down. Akutagawa-kun, how are things going with Y/N?"

Akutagawa's brows lifted up. He really did not expect questions of this type. He just didn't know how to answer them, of course, lying wasn't his intention, but he couldn't be quiet either, Mori found out something is wrong.

"She has improved her fighting tactics and I think she will soon be ready to work by my side. Of course, she still has a long and difficult road ahead of her. That's all i can say for now," after finishing the answer, he cleared his throat.

"And how do you two get along? You know, when you're supposed to be partners, you have to get along in private and outside of combat or training."

That was a difficult question to answer for him. He just bowed his head down and stared at the ground. He himself did not know what kind of relationship you two have between each other right now. And he didn't need anyone else to know about your fights. This was just something you two needed to solve by yourselves.

"She's okay," those were the only words he could say and weren't a lie. "Is there anything else or can i go now?"

"Actually... Akutagawa-kun. I was informed that you don't treat your superiors with respect. Is that true?"

Akutagawa's eyes fell on Chuuya who was just smirking like a little child, who pounced on an older sibling when they hit him or took his toy away from him. But he just knew that he was called here mainly for this reason. The only response he could give Mori was a sigh and Chuuya just continued to smile triumphantly.

"Look, Akutagawa-kun. I understand that since Dazai left the Mafia something changed in you and so on, but that doesn't mean you won't respect someone who is above you. You and Chuuya are the most capable men in the entire organization. So I just ask you to get along, otherwise I think it will be necessary to find a solution, which in your case I would not like to approach very much. You understand?"