Chapter 17: Decision

"Happy birthday... Akutagawa."

For anyone just a simple sentence, but for Akutagawa, it was in a four years the first sign that someone actually cares about him. His hands gently slid down your waist, pulling you into his embrace.

"Thank you."

~~~~~~~~

Since that day, you two got much closer together, but well, not forget to mention that Akutagawa was going crazy inside because of that. He was so confused about what was happening inside of him that he sometimes just wasn't able to talk to you. You of course were considering his behaviour strange, but also were afraid to ask him about it.

But still, you had to do one more thing. Already, you made your decision. You were thinking about it and figured out that your plan to infiltrate the Mafia as a spy failed. Right now, you just needed somehow report it to someone from the Agency.

As you were thinking about it, always only Dazai came up to your mind. It wasn't like you trusted him or something, but when you remembered the last moments you two shared before you got captured, you thought that maybe he would have the biggest understanding for you.

I am going to stay at Mafia. For Akutagawa's sake.

As Akutagawa went to use the bathroom, quickly you found your phone and texted Dazai that you need to meet up with him. Without any explanations, you texted him a short message, turning off the phone, hoping, he'll come.

You kinda felt adrenaline, circling your veins, however, one more feeling made its way to the surface inside you. Very strong and negative feeling.

Guilt.

That's right. You felt guilty for going to meet up with his former mentor behind his back. You felt guilty taking advantage of him not being at home today. From what you've heard he has a mission today and he's not coming until the evening.

"Are you okay, Y/N?"

You got snapped out from your thoughts by his voice. You immediately felt the sweat on the back of your neck. It really wasn't your goal to lie to him, but you just couldn't tell him abot your plans. And certainly not when they included Dazai.

You just shook your head in response and smiled at him. But even if Akutagawa was not an expert when it came to human feelings, he definitely wasn't blind. He knew immediately that you were up to something, but didn't want to confront you for now, hoping you'll tell him later.

"I heard you have mission today," you quickly changed the subject. "Yeah. And what are you up to today? Don't count with me because I'll be gone till evening. Most probably. You have to think about an activity only for yourself."

'Hush...I already know for sure...'

"Yeah...but well I'll most probably be locked up here since I can't go out by myself," your eyes rolled.

"I am glad you get it."

The room was immersed in silence for a moment, but when you looked up, you suddenly understood why. You chuckled a little as you saw Akutagawa struggling with the tie you gave him for his birthday, with the gray one. Sparks of happiness appeared in your eyes. You couldn't even describe how amazing it felt. You had no idea that he would ever wear a tie from you.

"Wanna help?"

"No thank you."

"Don't be so rude!"

"Shut up."

You only were laughing at how hopeless he was. It wasn't that he had no idea how to tie it, Akutagawa was just thinking about how to tie a tie from you the way it'd look good.