Chapter 21: Still thinking about him/her

Chuuya then put on his head and headed somewhere outside. But then he came back and pulled your hand, forcing you to go with him.

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere out. Look for a real distraction this time," your new partner gave you a wink.

~~~~~~~~

You and Chuuya got back very late at night, although none of you was drinking anything. You two were just hanging out, talking, he even paid for your lunch.

But you had to admit that he really helped you to forget, at least for a day. At least for a day you could tell you weren't thinking about your former partner at all. Although, you still weren't able to forget the feeling.

You sighed as you finally got into your room. You looked out the window at the night sky and instantly remembered how you and Akutagawa stood on March 1st at the view he showed you, instantly reminded you of the kiss he gave you on the cheek. You felt a shivering inside you, for some reason even though it was pleasant, it felt painful to you.

It hurt how much you missed him, even though you told him straight to his face that you didn't want to see him anymore.  You always had this feeling of emptiness when he refused to talk to you, but now it was too much. A tear fell from your eye, followed by another and another, until you found yourself once again in a wave of sadness and despair at how much you missed Akutagawa.

You missed his scent, hugs, his beautiful eyes, his touches, even his roughness...you just missed HIM and that feeling just couldn't be forgotten so easily.

"Why? Why do I feel like this?"

'Because I love him.'

"No! I don't! Damn it! I don't love him, I can't! I can't be in love with a criminal!"

Sound of your scream filled your room and you kept sobbing, until Chuuya knocked on the door.

"Huh?"

"I am coming in..."

He stepped inside the room and immediately his eyes spotted you crying. At first, he had no idea what happened and how was he supposed to react, but then, he realised it's because of Akutagawa. He sighed and his hand touched your shoulder.

"Look, Y/N. I know it's hard for you but I am trying my best, okay? I am trying my best for you to be happier! Ignore that bastard, he is just careless dumbass. I don't know what he did to you but you have to get over him! Stop crying and showing him that he is the best one, that he humiliated you! You are strong. That's why I know that you can do it. You can get over him."

Surprised by his words, you wiped away your tears. You really couldn't believe that these words were coming out of his mouth.

"T-thanks, Chuuya..."

"No problem, Y/N. If it makes you happy I can kick his ass."

A chuckle escaped your mouth.

"I love the idea!"

"Okay. Now hurry up to sleep."

"I am not a kid!"

"Oh, c-mon! You're younger than me!"

"But taller," you teased him and he only looked at you in disbelief. Then just laughed and left your room. Somehow you just were grateful for him.

~ morning ~

After brushing your teeth, you chose to wear comfy clothes and took out a book from your shelf. It was an eternity since you've read a book so you decided to give it a shot again, since you and Chuuya had most of the days off.