Chapter 35: Dinner

"God, who knows what I'd do without you. I could never forgive myself if you just weren't here anymore," Akutagawa muttered and rested his forehead on yours. You started playing with collar of his coat. "Let's just not think about it anymore, okay?"

~~~~~~~~

Few weeks passed after the incident with the virus. Things were coming back to normal, although Akutagawa was still upset about the whole thing with Dazai. He knew that you don't have feelings for him, but still it was bothering him that some other man is in love with his girlfriend.

And especially when that man was Dazai Osamu, his former mentor, manipulative idiot and womanizer. He also couldn't deny the fact that his jealousy was consuming him inside and also he couldn't deny his fear of you leaving him.

"Brother? Are you okay?"

Gin's voice interrupted his thoughts and he started paying attention to her. She was giving him worried look and her hand was holding his. Hesitantly, he answered.

"Yes. Why are you asking?"

"You seem...worried. That's why I am asking," she crossed her legs.

"So do you, Gin. What's bothering you?" Akutagawa asked his sister, maybe her answer will finally bring different thoughts into his mind. Or maybe he could ask her for advice, besides, she already had some boyfriends...

"At first you tell me. Is it about Y/N?"

Akutagawa's face was filled with surprise, as his sister already knew why he is upset. He only gave her a nod and then he started talking. He was talking about his feelings for you, about Dazai and about how worried he is that he is not good enough for you. As he finished, his sister was giving him small smile.

"What?" he asked.

"You really love that girl, don't you? Then why are you so unsure? Or you feel like she doesn't feel the same way? Why do you keep thinking about those things?"

Akutagawa had no idea. Those things were just making their way into his mind by themselves, he couldn't prevent it.

"Y/N loves me. She always keeps saying that. And I think she means it. But... somehow I just can't get rid of a thought that what if she will find someone else? Or what if she will leave me one day?" Akutagawa buried his face into his hands in despair.

"You know...I invited Y/N for dinner tonight," Akutagawa raised his head and gave his sister look full of confusion.

"I thought you hate her," he muttered.

"I need to say sorry. I miss her as a friend. So I decided to fix things," Akutagawa stared at his sister in dumb amazement. But she just smiled and then got up from the table.

"After dinner I am going to the cinema with Tachihara, so you two will have an apartment only for yourselves," she whispered in Akutagawa's ear and then just started walking away. A blush took it's place on his face, but suddenly, he realized that his sister is also bothered by something.

"Gin! Wait, what is bothering you?" he shouted after her, but she had already shut herself in the room, muttering something about having to go buy groceries.

"Women are so complicated," Akutagawa slapped his forehead, "so my sister and that Tachihara brat, huh? If he ever tries to hurt her...I swear I'm gonna kill him," his fist slammed into table.

~ time skip ~

"Not this one, it's too blue," Chuuya rolled his eyes at your choice of outfits for a dinner with Akutagawa and Gin. You punched him with your fist and just headed to the bedroom to try on another one. "Don't forget to choose something hot!" Chuuya yelled before you slammed the door. "You're an ass!" you yelled back when you came out dressed into another outfit.