Chapter 13: Cemetery

As soon as he got on his feet, Akutagawa walked over to you and lifted your chin, leaning towards you again, saying: "Let this not happen again. Training is over for today."

For a while, you watched his leaving silhouette in confusion and shock until finally you rushed after him, still keeping your distance, just in case.

~~~~~~~~

As the evening came, you started checking a calendar you had on your bedside table and suddenly realized, that tomorrow is the day. The day of your parents' death. You needed to go there. But you knew you can't go alone. When Akutagawa left the shower, he lied next to you. You took a deep breath and started talking.

"Akutagawa... can I ask you something?"

His head turned into your direction and he nodded.

"You know... tomorrow is the third anniversary of my parent's death. I always go there to lit a candle and talk to them a little. And well since you don't want me to go anywhere only by myself I was wondering that maybe-"

"We'll see about that," he interrupted your speech and turned off the lamp.

Somehow you just wasn't sure about it. Akutagawa is sure a rough man, but you knew he also has a gentleness in him, however you just couldn't believe he would go to the cemetery with you.

~~~~~~~~

The next morning you woke up to a sunny day. Although, to you it definitely wasn't a beautiful day, because today was the day. You looked around and found out that Akutagawa was having a shower, because you heard a sounds of water from the bathroom.

Quickly, you grabbed some black clothes and put them on, then you fixed your hair and took a look outside the window. After a while, Akutagawa came back to the bedroom, all dressed up and was about to leave. You two haven't talked much since yesterday's incident and there also was tension between you two, but still you were wondering if he remembers what you told him yesterday.

"A-Akutagawa?" you shouted into a hallway. No response, you only heard the sound of the keys. Quickly, you ran after him and grabbed his hand.

"Have you thought about what I told you yesterday?"

"No chance. You're not going anywhere."

"B-but...maybe if you went with me-"

"God, you're annoying."

"Akutagawa... it's important to me to go there. You really have not even a bit of empathy in your heart? Are you really that selfish?!"

"I said no!" he yanked his hand out of your grasp and slammed the door. For a while you were staring at the place where he was standing and wondered how he could be so shallow.

You knew, there was no point in arguing with him. Silently, you walked into a bedroom. You wrapped yourself in the sheets and started crying intensely. Your sobs echoed throughout the apartment, you didn't even hear the front door slam.

"Y/N... what's wrong?"

Her gentle voice was able to calm you right away and you told her what was going on and how you were feeling.

"I'm so, so, sorry. But don't worry, I'll talk to my brother as soon as he gets home. And if he doesn't want to, then I'll go with you. Okay?"

You nodded softly and hugged her. Of course, she hugged you back, stroking your back. Your eyes gradually began to get tired until you fell asleep in Gin's arms. She just smiled and slowly put you back on the bed and covered you with sheets. Then she slowly went to the kitchen where she made tea for her and for her brother.