Chapter 9: Agency's plan

"Why did you do that?"

"Did what?"

"Well...you know... basically you saved me from that Chuuya guy. Thank you."

"Like I said, I just took back what is mine. And I really hate sharing," he sighed and looked at you.

"Oh...sure. Anyway, thank you."

For a while, you two kept staring into eachother's eyes, until Akutagawa turned the lamp off with simple 'good night.'

~~~~~~~~

"Tch. One more time. This attempt was pathetic." You got scolded again, no matter how much you were trying, it just wasn't enough to attack him.

"I have no idea how to do it, okay?! I have no idea how to attack you!" You fell on your knees in desperate. You were exhausted but above all you were disappointed. Disappointed in yourself. You weren't able to think about any effective attacks even though he already gave you plenty of weapons to try it with.

"You're the one who wanted to train. And now you're giving up?" he was teasing you, but this time you weren't in a mood for that. It was just too much.

"Fuck all this."

"Huh?"

"I said fuck it! For how long are you gonna torture me like this?! For how long will you keep proving to me that you're stronger and better than me?! I already know that, right? Just stop! It's killing me! I-I-I-"

"Calm down, Y/N-"

"No! Stop telling me what to do! I'm giving up on this, okay? I just can't do this anymore! I am not some toy you can play with and throw it away when you are bored of it! You know what? I quit! I-I hate you, Akutagawa! I hate Port Mafia! I hate my life! You can do whatever you want with me, I just don't care! You know what? You can also kill me, I don't give a damn shit!"

Without even realising it, you were crying. You noticed it only because your tears were leaving wet spot on the ground. Still, you just kept sobbing and wiping your tears away, not paying attention to anything what was happening around.

But suddenly, you felt someone's hand gently touching your shoulder. You felt it was warm when it started slowly and gently stroking your back.

"Calm down, Y/N. I knew you weren't prepared for this training. Let's just head back," slowly, he stood up, picking you up from the ground.

You still kept crying, until you realized that his arms were carrying you back. "H-hey, I can walk by myself!"

"Shut up. We're almost there."

"B-but..."

"I said shut your mouth."

He opened the door of the apartment and slowly helped you with getting back on your feet. Then, he walked into a kitchen and left you alone in the bedroom. You were sitting on the bed, your head burried in your knees. You weren't crying anymore, you were just overthinking.

"Have you finally calmed down?"

You raised your head and your sight immediately fell on him, sitting next to you. Unable to give him an answer you just burried your head into your hands.

"I have to tell you one thing. And that is only...you were right. I was making so much pressure on you. But...only because I know you have a potential."

"I'm such a disaster, huh?" a chuckle escaped from your mouth.

"I can only tell you this. Sometimes it's okay to set your emotions free and let them find a way out," your head raised up and your eyes looked at him with an already calm look. And for some reason you also suddenly felt so calm inside.