5

"Ninety-eight."

"Ninety-nine."

"One hundred-"

"Shut the fuck up." Gin said, looking at Ren, Rikuto, and Nash. "What are you even gaining from this."

Gin was sitting in a tree watching them mess around with their kinesis.

"We're trying to test how long we can go without getting tired!" Rikuto said, creating a large rock in the middle of the lake.

Sage was lying down in the grass sleeping while the others just did what they wanted.

He had woken up to a large amount of water falling on him, the first person he looked at was Ren.

"I'm sorry. I aimed the wrong way." Ren said, holding in his laugh.

"Look at his face," Rikuto added, also trying not to laugh.

"You guys better stop before he blasts you into another planet."

Kaido had come back from getting snacks with Hanako and Saya.

"So this what you guys do in your free time?" Saya asked, taking a seat next to Sage.

"It is, but it's fun."

Nash had blown fireballs into the sky. Both Hanako and Saya were amazed by the sight.

"Do you guys want to do something for Christmas?" Ren asked, sitting on Sage's lap.

"We're going downtown to see the Christmas lights and the big tree they'll put up! You guys should come. The festival is also down there." Hanako said, handing Sage a bag of chips.

Ren was tossed off his lap as he began to eat.

"That sounds fun, usually we're out doing our own things on Christmas." Gin replied, jumping down from the tree. "It would be nice to spend Christmas together."

"I don't like Christmas."

Everyone looked at Sage. The boys knew why he didn't like Christmas, but they wanted him to look past that.

"Why don't you like it?" Saya asked.

"Let's change the topic-"

Sage then began to talk over Kaido.

"Bad memories," Sage admitted.

Twelve years ago, Sage was one of the happiest kids to ever exist. He was only five years old when he gained his electrokinesis, and from then on he gained more and more power.

That Christmas he had celebrated with his older brother and mother. Singing Christmas songs, opening presents, and drinking hot chocolate.

"Kuro, Kei, how was Christmas?! Did you like your presents?!" Sage's mother asked.

"I love Christmas! But... I love you more!"

She smiled and went to the kitchen. His dad had just come back from work yelling. His father wasn't the best father to exist but was still in his life.