4

Everyone went to the last class of the day.

"Sage."

Sage had fallen asleep with his pencil in his hand, his head was slowly titling over to where Itsuki sat.

Itsuki was a student in Sage's class. He has always made the highest grades. He's usually quiet in class and sticks to his studies, but Sage always bothers him with his sleeping.

"SAGE!"

The teacher walked over to Sage and smacked him on the head with a ruler, making him wake up.

"What?"

"How many times are you going to sleep in my class? Tell me, what is the chemical symbol of gold?"

"Au." Sage replied, dozing off.

"Correct. You know what, class. We will take a quiz, I'll go print the papers."

The teacher walked out of the classroom. Everyone began talking.

Itsuki looked at Sage in the corner of his eye to see him looking directly at him.

"Can I help you?" Itsuki said, sliding away from Sage.

Sage then pointed to the bag of chocolate on his desk. "I want."

Itsuki pushed his glasses up and continued to study while Sage just sat there staring at him.

"Here." Itsuki said, handing him the chocolate so he would stop staring.

The teacher came back with the quizzes and began to pass them out.

"You have ten minutes. There are thirty questions, finish this quickly."

Thirty minutes later, the teacher was handing back quizzes after grading them. Sage had slept on his paper, while Itsuki gridded his teeth.

"A 90..."

He looked over at Sage to see what he had gotten, all he could see was the number zero, so he assumed he made a zero.

"What a dumbass." He thought.

Sage had woken up after a fly landed on his hand. He picked up his quiz paper and looked at it.

Itsuki took a glance to see that Sage had actually made a 100.

"How the hell did you make a 100! I'm the top student in this class-"

"So?" Sage replied, handing Itsuki the leftover chocolate wrapping.

"Let's stay behind after class and have a chit-chat."

The class had ended everyone had left, but Sage and Itsuki stayed behind.

"I'll pay you if you fail the next quiz on purpose." He said.

"Why?"

"My parents. I can't afford to lose to a lowlife like you! How much do you want?!"

"Embarrassing," Sage said, standing up to stretch.

"What? What's embarrassing?!"

"You and your parents."

"How would you feel if you're parents pushed you so hard to be such a good student!?" Itsuki yelled at him.

Sage just stared at the boy as he complained about his parents.

"I wish I didn't even have a family!"

The lights in the school had flickered as Kaido walked down the hall. He knew something was up.

"Be grateful that you even have a family to go home to. Not everyone has that." Sage said, walking past Itsuki to head to the door.

He then turned around to look at Itsuki who was breathing heavily after talking so much.