Chapter 27: Another night to remember

Start from the beginning

"Neymar are you crazy?" I hissed, quietly.

"Let me in," he said.

His clothes were getting wet and he shivered. He rubbed his hands together, because of the cold. I sighed and let him. I signaled him to be quiet. My heart was beating like crazy because I felt like I was committing a crime. I shoved him inside my room and locked the door. I breathed a sigh of relief and punched Neymar's arm.

"Ouch," he mouthed.

I turned on my radio, not too loud of course, just to make sure no one would hear us talk.

"Are you insane? What the hell are you doing here?" I hissed.

"You didn't reply to my texts," he said and sat on the edge of my bed.

"What do you expect me to reply to those messages?" I sighed.

"Anything," he said.

"You shouldn't be here," I said.

"I couldn't sleep, because of you" he sighed.

"So you decided to surprise visit me at night?" I asked, sarcastically.

"The things you do to me Olive" he sighed, running his fingers through his damp hair.

I didn't say anything and sat down next to him on the bed, leaving some space between us.

"Can I spend the night?" he asked.

I just stared at him in disbelief. Has Neymar gone totally insane? He asks me if he can spend the night in my room! My parents were sleeping downstairs and Adrian's room was a meter or two away from mine.

"Neymar, you can't stay over," I said.

"Please?" he asked, softly.

I shook my head.

"If someone sees us, it'll just be wrong Neymar" I explained.

"Please Olive" he pleaded and held my hand.

He looked me in the eyes and I saw that sadness from earlier in his eyes. I was afraid that he was going to cry again.

"Olive, you still owe me 2 favors and though I don't want to force you to do anything against your will, please do this for me" he pleaded.

This boy was just unbelievable, I thought. He is using that favors card right now? I didn't mind him sleeping over, but I was afraid my parents or Adrian would find out. I also thought about Marc, what would he think? I was in a serious dilemma, but Neymar looked so fragile that I was scared to send him home alone.

I sighed and said, "Fine you can stay, but you have to be out early in the morning before my parents or my brother wakes up."

Neymar's eyes lit up and he nodded with a smile.

"I'll find something for you to wear because you'll catch a cold sleeping with your wet clothes," I said and rummaged through my closet.

I found one of Adrian's old shorts which I had borrowed ages ago for some dress-up party. I threw it to him and got him a new towel.

"The bathroom is there," I said.

"Thanks, Olive" he smiled.

I sat on my bed, thinking about whether I had done the right thing by letting him sleep over. Neymar opened the bathroom door and stood there just wearing Adrian's shorts. His body looked so fit and muscular and his hair was a little messed up. It made him look adorable.

"Where are your wet clothes?" I asked.

"I put them on the heater in the bathroom to dry," Neymar said.