thirty-nine | classified matrimony

𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎 | 𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚏𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚢

Three Months Later

Looking in the mirror, I don't feel like Secret Agent Seven of Spades. I don't know where she went, but she's not here. I wonder if she's ever going to have the opportunity to come back. Or, is she gone forever? Part of me wishes she'd come back, but I don't think that's possible. I don't think it's possible for her to ever come back.

Staring back at me.

Ariella Alderidge.

The girl with excessively long, naturally curly soft black hair. Sapphire blue eyes that contrast my dark hair, no longer being hidden behind a pair of glasses. For the first time in years, an enormous amount of my skin is on display and there's no bruises or training injuries making me keep my skin covered. My body is healing nicely, and I'm no longer limping. No walking cane is needed.

"This is disgusting," I grunted to myself.

This elegant hot pink A-line long dress with spaghetti straps, pleated bodice and a lace up back, perfectly hugged every part of my body. Pink has always secretly been my favorite color, but this is the first time I feel happy wearing this color out in the open.

Grayson and Thea finished saying I do over an hour ago. I got to change out of Thea's horrid bridesmaid dress that suffocated parts of my body. Thea had a lavender dress for the bridesmaids and it suffocated my waist and part of my chest.

Celia helped me pick out this latest dress, and she threatened the saleswoman when they said it wouldn't be ready by the wedding. Needless to say, the dress arrived at the front door approximately three days before the wedding.

For the first time ever, the two newlyweds were announced as Mr. and Mrs. Grayson Alderidge. Thea officially goes by the name Thea Alderidge now. Part of me assumed that we'd never make it to this day. I always thought that Thea would run away from Grayson and I in the opposite direction, and we'd be forced to live our lives together, with no one except each other to hold onto.

"Are you going to hide in here forever?" a voice asked, coming up behind me. I rolled my eyes in the mirror and studied the happiness consuming my brother's face. He decided against wearing his glasses during the ceremony, but puts them back on periodically throughout the night. "I'm expecting a dance with my baby sister."

"Haven't you learned by now that you shouldn't expect things from me?" I rhetorically asked.

"Come on, Seven!" Grayson whined. "Let's go!"

Grayson dragged me to the outdoor tent where everyone was beginning to drink and dance the night away. The wedding is small on our end. Grayson and I only have each other. Thea, on the other end, took up half the guest list with only her family. Celia declared that being taken as a hostage meant that she was allowed to bring as many dates as she wanted. One of her dates being, Little Dean.