twenty-seven | blackhat hacking

𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗  | 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐

𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 | 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐

It wasn't long after entering our apartment, we were bombarded by Celia, Thea, and Little Dean. Questions. I don't like questions. Honestly, Celia and Thea were taking their job as babysitter a little too seriously. Little Dean was overly cautious about what happened with his father. The two have refused to let the poor kid out of their sight.

I looked to Grayson to take the lead on that situation.

"Dean, can I talk to you in private?" Grayson asked, already walking towards his home office.

The two were out of the room. Archer took off for the kitchen, staring at his shoes, leaving only Celia and Thea with me in the living room.

I flopped onto the couch unearthing a vicious groan from my throat.

"I'm so unbelievably fucked," I sighed, digging the palms of my hands into my eyes. No makeup is heaven. I swear if I wasn't already going into the bottomless pits of hell when I die, I'd be entering the Kingdom of Heaven by being able to rub my eyes without leaving me looking like a racoon.

"Where do we go from here?" Celia asked.

"I have no fucking idea. I've gotta start zeroing in on who this girl is and where she's keeping the Hawthorne's," I explained, keeping my eyes closed. "I don't have time for typical stakeouts or surveillance since the girl's a nomad. I need a location and I needed it yesterday."

Celia sighed, taking a seat on the couch next to me. "We don't even know who she is," she said.

"No shit," Thea murmured.

Her whispering of curse words gave way to a small laugh to come from me and Celia. I haven't stopped covering my eyes, but the vibration of my laughter helped to soothe my pounding headache. Thea offered to get me aspirin, but I didn't need anything in my system. I needed coffee and more gum.

I'm desperate without both coffee and gum. 

Little Dean and Grayson came back into the room a few minutes later.

The group started conversing different theories together out loud. Little Dean only spoke when he felt the absolute need. Other than that, he looked terrified of being alive. Having his father mention him in a way that seemed so personal must've gotten to him. The kid kept his eyes on the ground and his foot bounced to the rhythm of his favorite song.

Grayson most likely showed Little Dean the camera footage from Archer's point of view. Little Dean is a visual understander. He needs to see certain things in order to believe them. He needs to be convinced that certain things are true. He won't believe the word of someone who isn't Commander. The poor kid hasn't seen or heard from Commander in two weeks. No communication between the two of them.