thirty-three | the story of Leila

𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 | 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝙻𝚎𝚒𝚕𝚊

"It's time to talk about my favorite subject!" Leila gleefully exclaimed. "Me!"

Narcissistic. Sociopathic. Possibly psychopathic.

Leila has an IQ higher than everyone in this room. Even Grayson. She's a manipulative genius. She knows exactly how to twist the knife. Commanding a room, Leila loves being the center of attention. 

Leila was able to live in a world surrounded by people who have empathy for others. She worked a demanding job and was able to hide the ugliness inside of her for years. The anger inside, brewing for decades, until she was able to enact her revenge.

Sociopaths can either become serial killers of CEOs. They share the same characteristics and traits.

"Are you stalling?" I questioned.

"Not at all," Leila said with seriousness. "I just don't want anyone to think all of this has been done without proper motivation."

"Motive doesn't mean much when you're being carried out in a body bag," I muttered.

"No, but it matters when I'm giving my supervillain speech. I've been waiting to tell this story to Archer, and I'm not going to let anyone take that away from me. My parents kept him away from me for twenty years. Enough is enough."

I carefully watched as Leila took two chairs out from the darkness. They were old and rusted folding chairs. She unfolded one in front of me, winking at the barrel of my gun in her face, before going to her side and unfolding a chair for herself.

She gingerly took a seat and elegantly crossed her legs. Without waiting for an appropriate time, she took out a tube of lipstick and started replenishing her already bright red lips.

I decided to steal a glance at everyone in the room while she was distracted.

Archer stood next to his parents, not daring to look me in the eyes. His only focus was Leila. His parents were tied to the floor, Maya crying on her husband's shoulder. William looked furious with the entire situation. He didn't want to hear a single word out of Leila's mouth.

Grayson looked like he was constructing and solving a complicated math problem in his brain. Celia probably wished that I never told her about espionage. She also probably wishes that she lived across the hall from literally anyone else on earth. I have caused so many problems for her over the years, and I can't do anything to take them back.

Leila popped her lips and smiled. "Alright, let's get started, shall we?"

"Let's," I said, taking a seat in the chair.

Not If I Save You FirstOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara