twenty | the story of the spade

𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢  | 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚍𝚎

It was nearing midnight when I finally got back to the apartment. I wanted to take a ride on my bike, but I needed to get out of these clothes. I've been wearing jeans for a few hours now, and I can't stand it. I can barely bend my knees. Skinny jeans are a flexible girl's worst nightmare. 

No noise. No commotion. No scent of baked goods. 

Utter silence crept under the door of my apartment. I don't know if Grayson came home. I don't know if he got Archer out of jail. I don't know if Little Dean ran away again. I don't know if Thea is safe.

I don't know anything. 

That's my worst nightmare. 

Walking into the apartment, what I saw was not what I expected to find.

"Are we having a party?" I questioned, taking off my chunky boots.

Grayson, Thea, Celia, and Little Dean were sitting on the couch.

Holy shit—

Among the group on the couch, Archer was sitting there also.

Grayson actually did it. 

I didn't doubt him for a second. Actually, during my mental breakdown, I may have doubted him a little bit. 

Our large sectional couch was almost filled to capacity. Archer sat in the corner of the sectional. Little Dean sat next to him on the edge of the couch. Grayson, Thea, and Celia sat next to each other. Thea and Celia sat in between Grayson and Archer. I assume it's safer for everyone if there's some distance between them.

I wanted to hug him. I quickly talked myself out of that idea. That'd be too awkward right now. 

Without acknowledging them any further, I went to my bedroom to change my clothes. I threw on a comfy pair of black sweatpants with a bright pink tank top.

Nothing like comfy clothes to help ease anxiety.

I stared at myself in the mirror. "I can do this," I assured myself.

I walked into the living room ready to change my name and run away to London. Without my job, nothing is left for me here. I'd be running away from Grayson and Thea and even Archer, but what can I do? I'm done.

After talking with two shrinks in one day, I realized that doing things the Alderidge way isn't going to help me. My brain is scrambled like eggs, and I don't know how to fix it. Only one idea came to mind throughout the day. One idea. Probably a stupid idea, but I have to try.

Five figures all stood up from their seats the second I walked into the living room.

"Why don't we give you two sometime alone to talk?" Thea suggested.