twenty-nine | trigger

𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎 |  𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛

𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛

It's been a week. Another fucking week.

I can tell Archer is feeling a bit stir crazy. Everyone is feeling it. He doesn't leave this apartment. He told the school that he can't come back due to his own protection, so he sits on the couch submitting half-assed assignments. Grayson impersonated a police officer to confirm with the school that Archer is safer if he doesn't go to school anymore until this is over.

The only time Archer leaves the apartment is when we dangle him as bait. Guilt isn't an emotion I feel very often, or ever; however, I do feel guilty using Archer as a toy.

Sometimes he goes to Celia's apartment to get a change of scenery.

Little Dean doesn't leave either. He knows this is where he'll be safe. He hasn't needed to spend much time in a safe house, but he knows they are in place for a reason.

I snuck into Grayson's office to see how he was doing. His bipolar tendencies have been getting on my nerves, but he's been throwing himself into the research. He hasn't said anything about Archer in the last week. I can't tell if Grayson knows he was wrong about Archer, but I didn't want to press him on the topic.

"I'm officially ready to give up," Grayson sighed. "We may not be able to find Leila's hideout the old fashioned way. We might need to resort to some unconventional tactics to find her."

"Meaning you want to dangle Archer in her face and pray she takes the bait," I concluded.

"Either that or we go back to Donovan Halstead. There must be something that he would want in exchange for information we want," Grayson said.

I thought about that idea for a second.

We could lie and say we know how to get what he wants without the Hawthorne's, but it's a risky gamble to lie to Donovan Halstead. If he feels like we're lying, even for a second, he will shut down and we'll never find the Hawthorne's. We could bring Little Dean to him and play on his paternal instincts, but it's clear that he doesn't have typical paternal instincts like most parents.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"I think we should talk to Dean and Archer," Grayson huffed.

Talking to Little Dean and Archer about our limited options is giving me more of a migraine than when I'm getting punched in the face.

Thea and Celia were in the kitchen looking at wedding preparations. The longer that this mission takes, the closer we get to the wedding. Today is May 12th. May fucking 12th! There's exactly three months until the wedding.

Fuck!

I'm supposed to be a bridesmaid for this wedding and I still haven't accomplished my mission.