seven | target practice

𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 | 𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚙𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚎 

"This is ridiculous," Archer sighed.  "We've been walking for over an hour. Why couldn't we have taken a cab or the subway?" Archer complained.

"I like walking," I answered. "We live in the most magical city in the world. I like seeing it."

"Need I remind you that we met on a subway. If you love walking, then why were you on a subway platform?" Archer noted.

"Point taken. My apartment isn't close to NYU, so sometimes my hatred for the subway needs to be put aside in order to make it to class on time," I lied. 

Well, I half lied.  It's true that my apartment isn't close to NYU, but that isn't my reason for hating the subway. 

I was doing interference on a girl who could lead the organization to an international human trafficking ring. This girl got on a subway, and I was forced to draw my gun when she held a gun to a civilian's neck. It turned into a hostage situation in the train car.

That's why I hate the subway. It gives me claustrophobia, but I still never turn away from something that helps to complete missions.

It was now Saturday. Pumpkin King and I have been together every day this week, and he has been hounding me with questions about tonight.

I refused to tell him where we were going tonight.

Archer Hawthorne has lived a privileged, sheltered life, with a small window of delinquency as a teenager. His parents' wealth and dedication to their work has left him virtually unaware of the dangers of the world.

Subject 1031 needs to learn. He needs to be made aware of ways that he could protect himself.

Soon he'll learn a firearm isn't the only way.

It's not my typically way. 

There's other ways to defend yourself.

It took a long time to walk to our destination, but I knew that it would be worth it. Archer Hawthorne had somewhat opened up to me during this walk. His information was irrelevant to my mission, but this is progress. He only mentioned his parents once.

"I'm sorry. I anticipated for us to have a fun night, but-" he started.

Archer went quiet for a while during our walk.

Walking in knee high heel boots has become second nature to me. Mom trained me to walk in high heels ever since I was a kid. Being a woman spy, you need to know how to walk in high heels. The heels of some of our shoes have blades built into them. Also, we get to hide weapons in the boots.

I finished for him. "You think going out tonight while your parents are missing is a way of betraying them. Archer, listen to me, the best departments and agencies in this country are out there looking for your parents," I said.