A Party

Request by unforgettwble0 , originally on Ao3

Jupiter had gotten an invitation to a party at the Republic. He knew that it might be not as easy to get there, since It's a completely different place, than where Nevermoor is. But he could get there, if he wanted. Jupiter decided, that one party will probably not ruin anything. Just one social event. He did need a little break from his job. Only for the change.

When it was the night that the party was at, he got there quite on time. There were a lot of other people there already. When he walked inside, it looked nice. It had some music, that would be at other parties, and there were people dancing or talking everywhere. He didn't understand why he was invited to some party, or for what reason. There was nothing suspicious about that party at all.

Jupiter decided to just watch some people. Non of them seemed really familiar to him. He continued just watching, until he felt some strange presence somewhere near him. He started walking around, trying to seem like he isn't looking for someone.

He looked around for a bit, and then he saw who gave that interesting vibe. It was Ezra Squall. And there was some guy, who was trying to talk with Squall. He didn't seem much interested.

Jupiter continued watching both of them. Apparently, the random guy was trying to hit on Squall. How weird. It didn't seem like that guys conversation was going anywhere, because, well, how can you hit on someone, without them saying anything? Well maybe you can, but that's not that great, is it?

And the random guy probably didn't even know who he's talking to. Jupiter thought, that he should be the one talking with Ezra Squall. After all, Jupiter was the one, that was basically raising a wundersmith - Morrigan.

That random guy started get even closer to Ezra. That was it. Jupiter didn't know why, but he just wanted to interrupted whatever that guy was planning. He walked up to the guy, and said:" Excuse me, I've noticed, that the person that you're "talking" to, is feeling uncomfortable. Please leave him alone."

The other guy was not happy at that:
"And who do you think you are? Are you his bodyguard or something?"

"Thank goodness that you stepped in, Mr. North. And yes, that's my bodyguard, so please leave, before he kicks your ass.", Ezra Squall spoke up.

Jupiter was quite surprised at the ongoing theatre. And he was also quite disturbed by that Squall knew his name. Well, maybe it's not so surprising, but hearing it from Ezra, using that to get some guy to go away, was unusual.

The random guy was still not getting it. The guy actually still had the audacity to try and grab Squalls arm. Automatically, Jupiter tried to remove that other guys hand from the wundersmith. He pushed the guy to the ground, but didn't let him hit the head to the floor. He didn't want to create an accident at a party.

Now, the guy was a bit scared.
Jupiter let go of his hand, and told the guy: "Please keep at least 5 meter distance from us for the rest of the night. Thank you."

Now the guy got up, and quickly walked towards the drinks table.

"Are you alright? ", Jupiter asked.

"I think I should be the one asking you that. I know that you know who I am. Why the fuck would you defend me? Last time I checked, you despised me, so why?"

Now, that Jupiter though about it, he started to question his decisions. Really, why would he try to protect the most strongest wundersmith, who was extremely dangerous too. Squall could have protected himself, if he wanted to.

"I noticed that you were watching me.", Ezra calmly said.

Shoot.. That was quite embarrassing. Jupiter looked away from Squall.