59

JUNGKOOK POV

As soon as Jimin walked into the kitchen holding the puppy, I knew.

I could tell by the look on his face, he remembered.

His cheeks turned an adorable shade of pink when he smiled at me and said my name.

I put my finger to my lips and nodded toward Tae, who was scowling up at him as Jimin kissed the puppy on the head.

Jimin rolled his eyes at me as Jordy and Ben jumped up to meet the puppy.

As hard as I tried, I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

I loved making him happy.

I wanted to spend the rest of my life making him happy.

Ben and Jordy were busy cooing over the little dog while Tae freaked out.

It wasn't unexpected.

I told Ben and Jordy my plan to surprise Jimin with a puppy.

I been looking for one just like Gabe for two months.

They had warned me that it would be better to ask Tae for forgiveness than for permission but I was worried.

I hadn't expected him to be in full-blown panic mode.

"Jimin what the hell?"

"Is that a dog?"

"Where did it come from?"

"isn't he cute?" Jimin said still smiling.

"Chim! Where did it come from?" Tae's face was red.

"I don't know."

"He was just sitting outside the door," Jimin lied.

Tae jumped up and went to the door that was still open.

He even stepped out into the hallway, no doubt looking for evidence of whoever had left the dog.

Joon and Natalie had volunteered to go pick up the puppy in Ash and drop him off but Joon made me promise not to tell Tae that he was involved.

It still cracked me up that Joon was slightly fearful of Tae.

I guessed we all were a bit scared of him.

Jimin wasn't.

Because Jimin ignored him while he directed all of his attention to the puppy.

Tae grabbed the small crate and the shopping bag filled with things I bought for the puppy, dropped them on the floor, and slammed the door.

"Jimin! Who left this dog here?"

Jimin grinned at him and shrugged as he rubbed his thumb across the puppy's ear.

Tae turned around and pointed at me. "You! You did this."

"This has Jeon Jungkook written all over it."

His face was red and there was a tiny vein bulging from his forehead.

I tried not to smile, because I knew that would make it worse. "How could it be me? I've been here all morning."

Tae ran his slender fingers through his blonde curls and pushed his hair out of his face as he sat back down at the kitchen table.

"I have no idea But I know it was you." He glared at me and looked back at Jimin.

"Wherever that thing came from, you need to take it back."

Jimin laughed. "How can I take him back if I don't know where he came from?"