8

Jimin pov

After I gave my mom a long hug and a kiss goodbye, and she headed to her shift at the hospital, I finished cleaning up from brunch, packed up, loaded my car, and got the hell outta busan.

I loved seeing my mum. Guilt panged in my chest as I drove away.

I could have stayed for the weekend and visited with Mom between her shifts. But there was nothing else for me in there.

Marci, my only friend from high school, had gone off to college in California and her parents had moved to Gangnam after her dad got a new job.

There was nothing and no one left in the little town where I grew up.

It didn't help that I noticed kook's pickup truck in the driveway next door the night before and again before Mom and I sat down for our Thanks giving brunch.

It was a forty-mile drive and I spent most of it convincing myself that I was doing Mom a favor by heading back to school early.

At least she get plenty of rest between her shifts.

Besides, I be back for Christmas break in a few weeks, and I hoped I be over my breakup with Mark.

And more importantly, I have put Jungkook out of my mind completely.

It bothered me that the guy still consumed so many of my thoughts after nearly four years.

When I reached the interchange in Gangnam, I headed west.

Gilcrest was nearly two hours to the east, but somehow, someway, for no explicable reason, I was heading in the opposite direction.

At first, I was determined to get off at the next exit and turn around, but then I realized I didn't want to.

I knew where I wanted to go.

If I timed it right, I could be back in the car by sundown.

After I pulled into the parking area for the campsite, I emptied the contents of my backpack into the front seat and popped open my glove compartment.

I grabbed a flashlight, the first-aid kit my mother had stowed in there before I left for college, and a box of matches.

I threw them in my pack, along with a couple of bottles of water and my phone. I stepped out of the car.

The sun was beating down on me.

I considered taking my winter coat that was in the back seat, but I was already sweating Even though it had snowed, and the temperatures had been hovering in the thirties, the sun was out, and I was afraid I get hot if I wore my coat.

Instead, I unzipped my duffle in the back seat and pulled out at fleece pullover and put it on over my t-shirt.

I looked down at my feet. I was wearing an old black pair of Converse.

They weren't really the best for hiking, but the trail up to the camp wasn't that difficult.

As I made my way up the mountain, I second-guessed myself.

I lived around there long enough to know that it wasn't smart to hike alone .

It didn't help matters that I hadn't told anyone where I was going.

But I told myself it would be fine and I pressed on.

I needed to do it. I needed to see our spot one more time.

I needed closure and I wasn't ever gonna get it from Jungkook.

I wasn't sure why I thought going back to Black Bear would be the answer.