4

Jimin pov

When I walked into my apartment, I was relieved that my roommate Tae wasn't home. Although, I was kind of worried that I hadn't heard from him.

He hadn't come home the night before.

It wasn't unusual for Taehyung to hook up at the Wild Orchid, but it was completely unusual for him to stay over night with someone.

Tae didn't do sleepovers.

I envied him sometimes.

Tae didn't do relationships.

As much as I relished the quiet apartment, I would never forgive myself if something happened to Tae.

I never thought I have such a close friend again, but Tae and I had been roommates since freshman year and he become like a brother to me.

I looked around the apartment.

I didn't see any signs that he been home, and it was nearly six o'clock.

Worried, I pulled out my phone and texted him.

ME: Where r u?

ME: If you don't text back within the next ten minutes... I'm calling the authorities... right after I figure out who the authorities are...

TAE: At the library

ME: I was sure you been abducted. There are no dirty dishes in the sink.

TAE: Funny. U ok?

ME: Yeah???

TAE: I just heard.

I rolled my eyes. Of course, he already knew. Half the bar probably saw Mark and Chris together the night before and, knowing Chris, he probably posted something about his sore ass on Instagram.

ME: It's fine.

TAE: WTF??? Total fuckwad. YOU CAN DO SO MUCH BETTER.

TAE: Don't even get me started on that twink-ass ho...

TAE: Good riddance

TAE: ILY Maybury

A smile played across my lips as Tae's texts came through.

ME: LY2

TAE: See u in a few hours

I tossed my phone on the kitchen counter. Some time alone was just what I needed.

Luckily, I hadn't had much time to think about what happened that morning because I had an Organic Chemistry exam, gone to two other classes, and worked a shift at the bakery.

Completely exhausted, I stripped down and took a shower, threw on my most comfortable pair of sweats, poured myself a large glass of red wine, turned off all the lights in the apartment, and lit some candles.

Then I did something I hadn't done in years.

I connected my phone to the Bluetooth speaker in the living room and pulled up Jungkook's playlist.

I don't know how many times I listened to it my senior year of high school.

It consisted of every sad song written during my high school years. They all reminded me of him.

Don't judge me. It wasn't like I was still obsessed with Jeon jungkook. It had been years since we spoken.

It had also been years since I sat in the dark and listened to sad music that reminded me of him.

But, for some reason, he been creeping into my consciousness the entire day.

Deep down, I knew Mark wasn't the guy for me, but I also knew that what ever my feelings were for Jungkook had been holding me back.