12

Jimin pov

My entire body was shaking as I drove down the mountain. I stopped at the first gas station I came to.

Holy mother of shit, did that just happen? I shook my head as I took off my wet shoes and peeled off the damp socks that Jungkook had given me.

I knew it was real. I blasted the heat in my car to warm my freezing feet as I searched through my duffle bag for a dry pair of socks.

I scrambled through my backpack until I found my phone. It was miraculously working.

It must not have gotten wet. There were a bunch of missed calls and texts from my mother wanting to know if I made it back to college okay.

I quickly texted her. Sorry, my phone died. Just saw your texts, I'm fine, I lied.

I ignored more missed calls from Mark. Then I saw a text from Tae.

Happy hour tonight?

I thought about it for a moment. I had no idea what just happened between Jungkook and I, but I knew that the last thing I needed was to waste my time obsessing over it.

I texted him back. It's Friday, isn't it?

He sent back the eggplant emoji.

I ignored him and concentrated on driving back to school.

As I drove, I tried to work out what the hell that was between Jungkook and me.

I shook my head as I tried to figure it out. Was he gay? Bi? What the hell? He definitely made the first move.

It just seemed impossible. He was straight. He made it perfectly clear before. Maybe it was pity sex.

Or maybe he felt guilty about rejecting me in high school or for treating me like shit, so he thought he get me off to make up for it.

And, oh my god, why it have to feel so perfect? I laughed.

Jesus, I thought, it doesn't matter.

Maybe he was nicer this time than he was the last time, but the look on his face was the same.

He was freaked out. He clearly didn't want to talk about it. Hell, he didn't even want to talk to me period.

We hiked an hour down the mountain and he hadn't said one word to me.

When he chased me to my car, I hoped he would really talk to me.

But he didn't.

As much as I wanted to believe that something had changed, I knew it hadn't. I believed him when he said he was sorry.

But I couldn't let myself hope.

And I sure as hell couldn't let myself go back to where I was in high school heart broken, depressed, and fucking obsessed.

No, I wasn't going back there.

I made up my mind; I was going to talk to Tae about it. I trusted him.

He would help me sort it out.

I felt like I was in a fog the entire drive back to Gilcrest. I was relieved when I pulled into my apartment complex parking lot.

It was a wonder I made it there safely.

When I walked into the apartment, I realized for the first time that my body ached all over.

My arms felt like I lifted weights for hours in the gym and my legs felt like I run a marathon.

I took a couple of pain relievers and a hot shower and nestled down in my bed.