27

Jungkook pov

It was Christmas morning. I picked up my phone and looked at the time.

6:30 a.m. I was up half the night texting with Jimin. The other half of the night I'd been tossing and turning.

It was odd how much I missed him.

It had only been a few weeks, but I'd gotten used to sleeping next to him.

It killed me to know how close he was and not be able to see him or touch him.

As I stared up into the darkness, I wondered if I was in love with jimin.

"Is this what it feels like?" I whispered to no one.

It wouldn't be long before my parents would be leaving for church. It was tradition.

My mom and father would prepare a Christmas meal for anyone from town who didn't have a place to go for Christmas.

There'd also be a short church service.

I'd always joined them when I was a kid, but by the time I went to high school, I elected to sleep in on Christmas morning.

I hated it when I was little, having to wait until dinner to open gifts. I was sure my parents were trying to torture me.

But that morning, I couldn't wait for them to leave. I planned to spend most of the day with Jimin.

He didn't know.

I wanted to surprise him.

I knew his mother was working and they wouldn't be celebrating until later. It was the perfect opportunity for us to see each other.

As soon as I heard the garage close, I jumped in the shower and threw on some clothes.

I grabbed Jimin's gift off the bed and went down to the garage to get the boards I'd picked up from the hardware store the day before.

I could hardly wait to see him, but first I wanted to work on the tree house. I had a perfect view of that treehouse from my bedroom window and those loose boards had been driving me crazy for at least two years.

I was just beginning to replace the last one when my phone dinged with a text. I smiled when I saw it was him.

Jimin: I may need your help.

Me: Yeah?

Jimin: I think someone has broken into my backyard and is hammering very loudly.

Me: Huh. Weird.

Jimin: Yeah. Weird. Do you think I should call the police?

Me: Nah. I don't think you can actually break into a backyard.

Jimin: What about trespassing or disturbing the peace? All the hammering woke me up.

Me: Merry Christmas sleepyhead.

"Merry Christmas." Jimin's voice startled me, and I jumped.

"Oh my god, you scared the shit out of me," I said, trying to catch my breath.

I looked down from the treehouse at he wearing a pair of plaid sleep pants.

He had on a tight grey t-shirt, and a red scarf was wrapped around his neck.

He looked fucking adorable standing there. Laughing.

Holding a mug of steamy coffee in one hand and his phone in the other.

"What the hell are you doing?" he asked after he managed to stop laughing.

"I had to do it," I said, grinning down at him.