11

Jungkook pov

As I came down from the best orgasm I ever had in my life, the realization that I was lying naked in a sleeping bag with Jimin hit me all at once.

Jesus, what the hell just happened?

I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little freaked out. What have I done?

I closed my eyes and whispered again.

"I'm sorry, jimin. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I think we've covered that already," he rasped.

I nodded against his chest. Then I pushed myself off him. I couldn't begin to process what happened.

I could feel the stickiness of our release on my stomach and grabbed the flannel blanket beside us, wiped myself clean, and handed it to him.

"I'm gonna go check and see if your clothes dried," I said as I slipped on my jeans.

I quickly crawled out of the tent and pulled Jimin's clothes off the roof. They were still damp and cold.

The sun was rising, but it was still freezing outside. Jimin was sitting up when I came back in.

I couldn't look him in the eye.

"They're still wet," I said, throwing him my compression pants.

"Put these on. And this." I tossed over my t-shirt.

"And that," I said, laying my coat beside him and pulling on my flannel shirt.

I put his damp clothes in my pack so he wouldn't have any extra weight in his.

"I can wear my own clothes. It'll be fine. It's a short hike."

I shook my head. "It's not fine. You need to stay warm. Put them on." I nodded towards the clothes I thrown in his direction.

I turned my back to him when he finally moved from the sleeping bag and pulled on the compression pants.

"Jungkook, are we gonna talk about what just happened, or are we just ignoring it?"

I turned and looked at him. He was staring up at me with big green eyes and my football t-shirt hung loosely on him. He looked perfect.

Fuck! I couldn't go there.

I had no idea how to talk about what happened between us.

"Can we not right now? I just—Jimin, I don't know,"

I stuttered. "I have practice in a few hours and I need to get back to campus," I said, pulling my socks out of my hiking boots and tossing them to him.

"Jesus, I'm not taking your socks, Jungkook," he growled. His face was red.

"Take them, Jimin. Your shoes are still wet."

He shook his head. "You can't hike an hour in those boots without socks. You have a game Saturday."

I couldn't help but grin. It made me feel good to know that he knew about the game. "I'll wear yours,"

I said, pulling them from my pack. "Let's just get packed so we can get off the mountain."

We didn't speak to each other while he rolled up my sleeping bag or while we broke down the tent.

The silence was frustrating and gratifying at the same time.

When I finished loading my pack, Jimin finally spoke.

"Don't forget your coat."

"You wear it."

"I don't need it, I'm not cold." I looked at him and could see the goosebumps on his arms.

"Suit yourself," I said as I put the pack on.

It was cold as hell. There was no way I was going to let him hike down the mountain in a short-sleeved t-shirt.

"I guess I'll just leave it here," I said, walking away and then glancing back at the North Face down jacket I left lying on the ground.

His arms were crossed and he was shivering. "You always were a stubborn asshole," he mumbled as he picked up the coat and put it on.

I turned away from him, grinning, as I walked towards the trail down the mountain. I looked back every so often to make sure he was following.

He was. But he didn't seem happy about it. I was still worried about him.

I couldn't get over what happened.

As incredible as it was to be with him like that, I was still freaked out.

I wasn't prepared. I didn't know how to act around him, and I didn't know what to say to him.

All that mattered in that moment, though, was that he got safely down the mountain.

As soon as I saw the parking area.

I sighed in relief. I took a second to catch my breath and Jimin moved passed me. I jogged after him.

"Hold up, Jimin." He stopped for a second, looked back at me, and then jogged down to the bottom of the trail.

I met him at the end, and he was digging through his backpack.

"Hey," I said, out of breath. "Let me drive you back to your mom's so you can get checked out."

He shook his head and looked up at me, squinting. "I'm good. I need to get back to campus. I'm fine."

I knelt next to him. "Jimin, you should get checked out. You weren't fine last night," I said.

"Well, I'm fine now." He looked back down at his pack and stood up.

"Thanks for umm... I guess helping me last night." He wasn't looking at me. He was looking towards his car in the parking lot.

"Jimin..." I said, not knowing what else to say as I watched him jog towards his car.

I shook my head and rubbed my face. Fuck!

"Wait up." I ran over to him and stopped beside his car and waited as he put his backpack in his back seat.

He turned around and looked at me.

"I, I, umm..."

He glanced down. "Oh, God, your coat, sorry," he said as he unzipped it, took it off, and handed it to me.

I grabbed it from him. He glanced down again. "Your clothes. I can change." He reached for his duffle in the back seat of his car.

"Wait. No. I don't care about the clothes, Jimin. Keep them. It's just... um... I wanted to say..."

I paused. I had no fucking idea what I wanted to say, but I didn't want to leave things how they were.

"Are you sure you're okay to drive?" I finally managed to say.

He looked down at the ground and then looked back up at me.

"Yeah. I'm good. See ya, Jungkook," he said as he got into his car.

"Bye, Jimin," I rasped as I turned around.

"Jungkook," he called, after I was halfway across the parking lot.

My heart skipped a beat and I turned around.

"For whatever it's worth, I've missed." He paused.

"I've missed us being friends." I stood there frozen as he closed his car door and turned the ignition.

"I've missed that too," I said as I watched him drive away.

====================================================